Notices

Day 7 - Interesting developments

Old 07-07-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 7 - Interesting developments

Today is day 7 for me and now that I look back, I've recovered quite a lot since I quit. It's still going really well.

The sweating has lessened even more. Today I had only one sweat outburst. Otherwise it's back to normal. It smells more normal as well.

My stomach has come to rest completely. It feels to great to not feel at least some sort of discomfort there all the time. All the time I were drinking, I would always have something not quite right about my stomach. Now it feels like normal.

Today there were also some interesting developments that I did not expect.

First, I noticed that I could follow a tv series much better. My mind is clearer. I understand things right away again. I had no idea how affected my cognitive functioning was until now. Sometimes you see the full extend of it when it goes away.

Second, I need LESS food. Which was a big surprise. I've had part of what I would normally eat on a day and I already feel too full. I feel like I've eaten too much.

I think I know why that is. When I were drinking, I would also eat a lot along with it. And I would be very hungry a lot. Which was probably caused by the fact that my body needed energy to process the alcohol all the time.

When I quit, I started a healthy diet and ate until it felt like I had enough. And I had an odd craving for beans for two days. I think my body needed energy for the detoxing process.

But now that I'm reaching the end of the detox phase, my body needs less energy. So the amount I ate until now isn't necessary anymore.

This really surprised me because I've also been very active, mostly walking, and burning a lot of calories. But it seems that my body just doesn't need that much anymore now that it doesn't need to fight against the poison anymore.

So I can adjust my food intake. I'm still going to keep it healthy and complete to get all the required nutrients. Just in smaller amounts. Which fits with how I used to eat before I started drinking btw.

That alone will save money. But I've also calculated how much I've saved on not drinking and the binge eating associated to it. In these 7 days I've saved about 300 bucks!
Old 07-07-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice, that is not chump change!

Congrats on doing as well as you are and it is a nice feeling to get the physical and mental rewards which come with sobriety.

I always used my debit card at Spec's and joked with the cashier that my accountant knows my drinking habits all too well, because he gets all the statements from the bank. In a few months time the accountant might be surprised to see a much shorter list of purchases on the debit card!
Old 07-07-2015, 10:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 7 is fantastic Jerry!! Keep it going!!
Old 07-07-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like you're doing really well.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job on 7 days! Keep it up!
Old 07-07-2015, 11:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I noticed the same thing when I detoxed, especially with my stomach improving. When I was drinking, I hardly felt like eating, so I ate maybe one meal a day, and it was usually just a soup. I was loading my body with empty calories every night.

Things will only get better from hereon out.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Excellent news, Jerry! Keep going!
Old 07-07-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great Job!! Keep it up!!
Old 07-07-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats again Jerry

D
Old 07-07-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well done you! Good health to you.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great return on investment in only 7 days, awesome. Fast forward to 7 weeks, 7 months etc...just think of the endless benefits you will enjoy. But for now, 1 DAY AT A TIME.