SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   listened to the final show (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/371119-listened-final-show.html)

AugustWest11 07-06-2015 05:41 PM

listened to the final show

20 feet from the liquor store; not one craving. Just tons of joy knowing, that's not me & I don't need that.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken,
Perhaps they're better left unsung.
I don't know, don't really care
Let there be songs to fill the air.

My name is August West, and I love my Pearly Baker best more than my wine.
More than my wine - more than my maker, though he's no friend of mine.

Dee74 07-06-2015 05:58 PM

Great stuff Dennis :)

D

SoberLeigh 07-06-2015 06:01 PM

Cool!!!!

Gonnachange 07-06-2015 06:15 PM

Beautiful song and I'm glad you enjoyed the show without any cravings.

Gonnachange 07-06-2015 08:39 PM

I don't know if you listened to, saw on PPV, or read the first show's set list, but in case you didn't Ripple was the one song encore after Phil gave his organ donation talk.

MythOfSisyphus 07-07-2015 01:39 AM

Congrats! I read that it broke records. Something to be there for the end of the Dead.:scoregood

AugustWest11 07-08-2015 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by MythOfSisyphus (Post 5455270)
Congrats! I read that it broke records. Something to be there for the end of the Dead.:scoregood

All 5 shows brought tears to my eyes at one point or another. They were amazing !!!! Being the "Phish" hater I am I must say Trey stepped up & stayed true to Jerry's memory..

Dennis

sva777 07-08-2015 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by AugustWest11 (Post 5457053)

All 5 shows brought tears to my eyes at one point or another. They were amazing !!!! Being the "Phish" hater I am I must say Trey stepped up & stayed true to Jerry's memory..

Dennis

No reason to hate on Phish they are a great band as well. I am glad you enjoyed the final shows, if you thought Trey was true then you might enjoy his music when he tours with his own band. I know I enjoy it more than phish.

AugustWest11 07-08-2015 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by sva777 (Post 5457080)

No reason to hate on Phish they are a great band as well. I am glad you enjoyed the final shows, if you thought Trey was true then you might enjoy his music when he tours with his own band. I know I enjoy it more than phish.

I've heard Phish, respected their talent, but ego's shined through allot & I just never caught their vibe .. I'm 44 so old school I guess haha.

Dennis

PurpleKnight 07-08-2015 10:43 AM

Fantastic Dennis!! :scoregood