SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Where to start? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/371087-where-start.html)

GoodyTwoShoes 07-06-2015 11:00 AM

Where to start?

Hello,

I'm new here. And I don't even know where to start. I'm in a lot of trouble with my marriage and my life, and tomorrow I have an evaluation at a rehab center for an outpatient program for alcoholism. I also take adderall for ADHD and they told me they'll want me off that too. That's fine, but alcohol and adderall are the two things that make my brain be quiet so I'm pretty scared. But, not as scared as I am of losing everything. This will be my first time in rehab since I was 15, when I was treated on and off for five years for anorexia and bulimia.

I'm thankful to have people here to talk to and learn from. Thank you for welcoming me.

ScottFromWI 07-06-2015 11:07 AM

Welcome GoodyTwoShoes. Sounds like you have a good start already - coming here and going to an evaluation tomorrow should tell you a lot. As far as suggestions go, I'd say go to the rehab with an open mind. You will most likely hear some things you do not want to hear, and you will probably be asked to do things that you do not want to to. That's going to be the case for any method you choose to get sober though..there is no "easy" solution. That's not to say that it's impossible, in fact it's very possible.

Nonsensical 07-06-2015 11:26 AM

Welcome to SR.

Good luck with your evaluation tomorrow! :ring

Surrender2win 07-06-2015 11:32 AM

Welcome to SR GoodyTwoShoes! You will find a ton of support and advice here. Good luck tomorrow on your evaluation! Let us know how it goes. :)

gettingsmarter 07-06-2015 11:42 AM

Welcome GoodyTwoShoes

Soberwolf 07-06-2015 11:46 AM

Welcome to SR

firstymer 07-06-2015 11:49 AM

Welcome, GoodyTwoShoes. It does seem like you are off to a very good start. 1)You acknowledge that you have a problem. 2) You are being evaluated for the problem and 3) You seem committed to address the problem. That puts you at least 1 or 2 steps ahead of where most of begin our recovery.

Good luck. I am very glad that you are here. I hope you will post often and let us know how you are doing. :c009:

least 07-06-2015 11:52 AM

Welcome to the family. :hug:

Findingtheway 07-06-2015 12:47 PM

Welcome to SR.

I've found support to be KEY to my recovery. You're among friends here. Please let us know how you're recovery goes and how we can help.

Good Luck

Findingtheway

thomas11 07-06-2015 01:57 PM

Hi GTS, Good for you in taking action. Don't let drugs and/or alcohol take everything important in your life from you (because it will). Keep us posted.

Dee74 07-06-2015 04:42 PM

Welcome to SR :)

D

PurpleKnight 07-07-2015 10:10 AM

Welcome to the Forum GoodyTwoShoes!! :wave: