Notices

Day 3

Old 07-03-2015, 10:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

This is day 3 and it's a pretty good day. I still sweat a lot and I hardly slept last night, but that's it. And as a result of not sleeping, I feel tired. But nothing special other than that. My appetite is good, I drink enough water and now that I see what's coming out of my body in detox, I see how poorly I've been treating it.

So I walked a lot today. Came to an interesting realization. When I was drinking, I always looked a little zombie-like. And I always thought that I was hiding my habit well from my co-workers. Now I realized that they must have known but accepted it because I am good at my work. Can't imagine what's been said behind my back...

Fortunately I have some vacation time for a few weeks more. Which is perfect for recovering. They will probably be surprised when they see me. I used to hardly ever be in the sun. It was work, lock myself at home, drink, black out, get up, work, and so on. What a life...

Now I've gone for a long walk. It's nice and sunny out. I could get used to this.

Even though I had no reason to think that something serious was going on, I called my doctor anyway. I explained the situation and according to her, as it looks now, it will probably be alright on the physical side. She did mention sleeping pills for the insomnia but said she was reluctant to prescribe those unless truly necessary since they're addictive.

Well, since I'm not bothered by not sleeping well for a while and I don't want to develop a new addiction, I chose to not take them.

Other than that she said that should anything happen, I should call right away. I told her that I think that I can do this on my own. She accepted that and said that should I have difficulty or relapse, I should contact her to look for treatment options. Which is fine by me, it's nice to know there are options for when things don't work out the way I expect them to.

I can really recommend anyone who has just quit to get in touch with your doctor. It feels more secure.

Anyway, doing well here and looking forward to being fully recovered!
Old 07-03-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good job on day 3 and on talking to your doctor!
Old 07-03-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm day 2 and I also think my coworkers must have known. I'm a bit rubbish at knowing what to say other than good luck :-)
Old 07-03-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daisy1 View Post
I'm day 2 and I also think my coworkers must have known. I'm a bit rubbish at knowing what to say other than good luck :-)
Good luck to you as well!
Old 07-03-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 3 man. I'm only on Day 2 myself, and it's a hell of a lot better than it was yesterday. I feel more positive about things and generally happier, but obviously a long rocky road ahead. Good luck to both of us dude!
Old 07-03-2015, 10:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RichardParker View Post
Great job on Day 3 man. I'm only on Day 2 myself, and it's a hell of a lot better than it was yesterday. I feel more positive about things and generally happier, but obviously a long rocky road ahead. Good luck to both of us dude!
It's a relief isn't it? I've already been counting how much money I'll save.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I spend minimum £70 a week on booze! Or spent, I should say .
Old 07-03-2015, 11:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day 3 is fantastic Jerry!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 07-03-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Way to go Jerryfish