Notices

Distraught

Old 07-02-2015, 12:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Distraught

Sorry but I am quite drunk now, but I hope you don't mind me still posting. I've had just over 1/2 bottle of wine (little for me) with lots of food, but my body is clearly not tolerating much alcohol after so long trying to stop.

I couldnt manage sobriety today. I know its not what all of you want to hear or wish for me...but I am learning all the way through this. I am studying best i can my knew known alcoholism. What my triggers are, what my mind states are. And...I have only had one go so far at completely stopping. I hoped I would manage what others don't...but clearly I haven't.

Today I found (I think and hope) a new therapist who seems to finally understand addiction and partcularly alcoholism. So I feel I am getting some my ducks finally in the right rows to help me stop and stay stopped.

I have failed tonight nevertheless. I know that. It's not good...I say it again...I know that and I feel sorry about my weakness
Old 07-02-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Drink some water, get some sleep. It will look better in the morning. I'm glad you have someone to help.

Reverse tolerance is not good, littlebear. Have you seen a medical doctor?
Old 07-02-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry this happened Littlebear.

I hope you will begin your recovery again tomorrow.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
quat

Yes water and sleep would be a very good immediate plan.
Getting ready to stop and ready to stop was where I was stuck for a long time. The next step seemed to be the hardest , felt like it was going to be impossible, waiting for, I don't know a flash of light or some inspirational sign, or thinking that being ready was enough and I would stop soon, all that thinking helped keep me from just stopping. One moment in time I found the resolve and stopped. You can find / have that moment, you deserve the freedom that moment brings, you can make that moment, I know you can , I did even though prior to that moment I thought it was impossible.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
but I am learning all the way through this. I am studying best i can my knew known alcoholism. What my triggers are, what my mind states are. And...I have only had one go so far at completely stopping. I hoped I would manage what others don't...but clearly I haven't.
I'm not sure what you have to "learn" to quit drinking. One quits and "learns" to deal with it. Your therapist can help with that. The stopping you have to do.

Start fresh tomorrow.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Formerly Ringthedoorbell

Tomorrow is a new day and a new beginning for you Little bear.
Don't despair, just get right back up on that sober horse! You can do it.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

sober up littlebear ... every day is a New Day!

A guy shared at a meeting one time that he could tell the future when he was drinking ... he knew every day was going to be !#<@*& up.

I struggled hard, but eventually thru working my program, the MIRACLE happened, and I am now FREE (maintained by continuing work). What I found out was that as for 'triggers' ... I was the Trigger.

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE ... and I KNOW U can B 2 Littlebear
Old 07-02-2015, 01:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Littlebear dont let this deter you from sobriety its happened learn from it adjust or write up your recovery plan know you have support

Spk soon Littlebear rome wasnt built in a day
Old 07-02-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Dump the rest of the booze, drink water, eat some healthy food.... Cut this short so that tomorrow's remorse and physical price paid will be minimized.

Even in the middle of a fall, we can begin again to recover.

You came here.... You posted... You honestly shared.

You did that because you didn't want to fall any further.

And you don't have to.

Dump it, hydrate, eat, get sleep.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I 've listened. Drinking stopped. I feel (of course) that I just can't do this. Am sitting outside my cottage now in the dark (with water) praying I can do this. But i'm scared that I just can't. I need to keep trying though - now that I have started. Thank you for not judging but just offering your encouragement. LB
Old 07-02-2015, 02:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I 've listened. Drinking stopped. I feel (of course) that I just can't do this. Am sitting outside my cottage now in the dark (with water) praying I can do this. But i'm scared that I just can't. I need to keep trying though - now that I have started. Thank you for not judging but just offering your encouragement. LB
You can do this, Littlebear.

Good job!

You've got this.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

All those feelings are very normal. I had grave doubts about me being able to stay sober.

The good news is that was just my addiction talking at me.

I know you'll find, like me after some sobriety, that you're stronger and more capable than you ever knew.

Keep work on your recovery plan littlebear - you absolutely can do this

D
Old 07-02-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Don'T feel too downhearted Littlebear -half a bottle of wine hasn't undone all your previous sobriety. I don't suppose many of us quit at the first try (I certainly didn't) Day 1 is not square 1
Old 07-02-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sending you some love Littlebear. I had similar setbacks, as did most of us. I'm glad you wanted to tell us what happened. We're all in this together - and we all understand. You didn't give up, that's what counts.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Go at things again tomorrow Littlebear!! You can do this!!
Old 07-03-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Re-Member

How are you doing today, littlebear?
Old 07-03-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I've been where you are. Don't give up on yourself.

Start again. Make a goal to not drink for TODAY.

Make a plan on how to accomplish that goal.

Good luck to you.

Findingtheway
Old 07-03-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
How are you doing today, littlebear?
Worked an 11 hour day including 4.5 hrs driving...and...failed. Drinking now...stood in the kitchen when I got home and just couldn't face another weekend alone. Just couldnt, and can't. As I was pouring a glass of wine I was crying because I know its not the answer, not good for me. And I knew i would feel ashamed telling you all. But, more than any of this, i just couldn't face my life sober at this time. I am sorrier than you will know. Ashamed
Old 07-03-2015, 12:02 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Worked an 11 hour day including 4.5 hrs driving...and...failed. Drinking now...stood in the kitchen when I got home and just couldn't face another weekend alone. Just couldnt, and can't. As I was pouring a glass of wine I was crying because I know its not the answer, not good for me. And I knew i would feel ashamed telling you all. But, more than any of this, i just couldn't face my life sober at this time. I am sorrier than you will know. Ashamed
I'm sorry you are struggling LittleBear. It's so hard. Have you considered trying some AA meetings? I went to one today and was invited to cookouts and "sober" 4th of July Parties this weekend. The people at the meeting invited everyone. Hanging out with sober drunks that really understand me is kinda fun! :-) Hang in there!
Old 07-03-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

LittleBear, There's just no point in feeling ashamed. It's understandable to be regretful - but shame makes us feel awful about ourselves, & less able to find the strength to give sobriety another try. Forgive yourself and never stop trying. You can rise above this and have a great new life.