Old 07-01-2015, 05:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

no need to 'sign up' - just post in the thread

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-2015-a-3.html

D
Old 07-01-2015, 05:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi bighaircut, I commend you for recognizing you have a problem and your honesty for sharing it. Complete blackouts like you experienced can obviously be scary and a wake-up call. I personally believe you are doing the right thing, and have taken the early steps to start turning the ship around and heading back to port. I wish you the best on your new journey.
Old 07-12-2015, 01:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Cant seem to delete that post. I'm afraid I've no idea what it means. I don't remember writing it. Welcome to soberrecovery. Wishing you well on your journey - you've already taken the most difficult step. All the best. Can anyone tell me how to delete a post? Thanks.
Old 07-12-2015, 02:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Bighaircut:
I believe we've had other posts on this SR website recently from folks who hold a professional license or for other reasons are afraid that if they go to AA the word will somehow get around and they may lose their job. Many, including me, have advised to keep posting on this website (which also provides on line AA meetings), a website which provides confidentiality because your avatar sign on does not indicate who you are. As for regular AA meetings, sometimes you can find them in another community, say no more than a half hour or less drive away. One thing is sure, that, as this illness progresses you may very well lose your job and a lot of other stuff eventually unless you get into sobriety. Good luck, and every good wish.

P.S. Actually I see now that I posted you awhile back. Hope things are going O.K. with you

W.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sturner75 View Post
Cant seem to delete that post. I'm afraid I've no idea what it means. I don't remember writing it. Welcome to soberrecovery. Wishing you well on your journey - you've already taken the most difficult step. All the best. Can anyone tell me how to delete a post? Thanks.
Were you drinking when you posted it?