Notices

Holiday Edition Stay sober Weekender July 4th

Old 07-01-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Oh and today is day 22 for me, three weeks sober!
Old 07-01-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Smile

Originally Posted by Elizabeth333 View Post
Watching and hearing the rain pound down. Staying sober for the next 24 - and able to think a bit clearer each day. Thank you all for being here.
Welcome Elizabeth!!! Fellow Mainer. The rain is nice today. Just before our spectacular weekend weather. Hope you get out and enjoy it!

Keep us posted as to how you are doing.

Ken
Old 07-01-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Morning sober peeps!!

Canada Day here so we are going to go down to the beach on Lake Ontario and chillax..... have some dinner and see the fire works

My bf stayed up drinking with Jesus last night..... unusual behaviour for him to get drunk and especially drunk alone. I really don't care if he drinks but I resent having to clean up his empties. And I hope that his hangover doesn't spoil our plans for the day. And I'm glad that it's not me who's going to be the one feeling lousy and ruining plans for a change!
Old 07-01-2015, 07:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

speaking of Jesus...

Jesus and Saint Peter are golfing. St. Peter steps up to the tee on a par three and hits one long and straight. It lands on the green. Jesus is up next. He slices it. It heads over the fence into traffic on an adjacent street. Bounces off a truck, onto the roof of a nearby shack and into the rain gutter, down the drain spout and onto a lilly pad at the edge of a lake. A frog jumps up and snatches the ball in his mouth. An eagle swoops down, grabs the frog. As the eagle flies over the green, the frog croaks and drops the ball. It’s in the hole. Saint Peter looks at Jesus, exasperated. "Are you gonna play golf?" he asks "Or are you just gonna screw around?"
Old 07-01-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

some jokes are special, which means it takes a special person to get it... like me... I'm special because I laughed hysterically at this joke and the wife didn't get it.
I had to look again this morning and it is still as funny as it was yesterday...

last joke and I gotta get to work. I haven't been working in the dirt last few days because it's mud. So I work in mud today...

A guy with a huge orange head goes in to see a doctor. The doctor says, "How did you get such a huge orange head?" The guy says, "Well, one day I was walking down the beach when I tripped over an old lantern. A genie came out and said, I'll grant you three wishes, whatever you desire...what is your first wish?' I said, I'd like all the money I could ever spend.' The genie went Poof!', and there it was, all the money I could ever spend. Then he said, What is your second wish?' I said, I'd like a beautiful woman to love me, someone I could enjoy this money with.' The genie went Poof!', and there she was, a gorgeous girl who immediately loved me. Then the genie said, And what is your third wish?'...and I think this is where I went wrong...I said, "I'd like a huge orange head."
Old 07-01-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

woo-hoo! Mrs LB is officially listed in the state registry as a licensed nurse! What a relief!
Old 07-01-2015, 08:05 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Yay! Brain!!! Now she can relax and celebrate! I do not actually remember the night I went out after getting my license, except that I walked into a lamp post and knocked myself out. Oh, and I have vague memories of me and my buddy drunkenly yelling at everyone in the bar "we are nurses, we can save your lives!!!". Hopefully Mrs. Brain is more classy than me! Sadly, all the above probably would have happened even if I was sober!
Old 07-01-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Re-Member

The UK should celebrate July 4th. They should be happy they don't have us ugly Americans tied around their neck anymore. (Just kidding. Sorta.)

Anyways, I'm in for another weekend. Starting day 55 here. No holiday plans. I'm working my normal schedule of Friday thru Tuesday nights. I work in a restaurant/bar and this is usually the slowest week of the year.

Wishing everyone a safe and sober weekend! Remember you don't have to take that first drink no matter what.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:12 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

All I know is that I always wanted to have sex with a nurse. One more thing I'll be scratching off my bucket list.

you have no idea what a load off my mind this is... It has been as difficult for me as it was for her these past couple years.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:19 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Brain - just remember nurse uniforms are NOT sexy LMAO
Old 07-01-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Yay Mrs. B!! Congratulations on passing. What's next for an encore? Enjoy digging in the mud. Sometimes when a big milestone is met and passed it's a letdown.
I laughed at your jokes. I must be special too.

LA, congrats on 22 days. That's great.
Casey, congrats on 55.

Quiet time at work. I have a ton of bills to get in the mail. Had to buy stamps. What fun.

Mecanix, I read your post on the old thread about the sparrows. I'm sorry you trod on one. I find it odd that they are missing in London. They are everywhere here. I'll ship you some.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

So I get it. I chose to come see an old persons movie. Yup. I could be consider chicken right about now.

**** chicken.... An older gay mans slang term for younger men.

Dear god. Even my terminology is old.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

inny inn in

It's another beautiful morning here in the PNW. Congrats to Mrs. LB, RN. Congrats once again to LB - for whom these last two years was so difficult. Poor thing.

I'd like to be there when you tell her that.

Good start to the thread, so many good things in that original post, Weasel. The *Ring *Ring never gets old.

Ruby, one good thing about being single - no MIL. But I'm glad you'll get to hit some meetings.

LA, yeah, we aren't all that smart about stuff here in Murica. The 4th of July thing is pretty bad, though. I think this year we will have nice weather for the 4th! That never happens.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

My joke of the day....

How can you spot a blind man at a nudist colony?

It's not hard.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, feeling really ill with the heat in the UK and May have a slight touch of sunstroke after stupidly walking in sun for 30 minutes this morning. A good start to my sobriety methinks. I don't even remotely feel like a drink!! Hope everyone is doing ok😊
Old 07-01-2015, 08:51 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I'm in!
Old 07-01-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
...holds the key

If we laughed at the jokes does that mean we are on the 'special' bus?

We're watching fireworks on the actual 4th of July this year....imagine that. It's usually the day before or the weekend before....this is new territory.

Hi keeping! Hi GS!
Old 07-01-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Re-Member

The only post I've ever had deleted from SR was when I posted a joke a couple of years ago. So I'll just stick to reading all your jokes instead.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Keeping it in the day, I hope you feel better. Stay cool and stay hydrated. Don't drink!
Old 07-01-2015, 09:18 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I had flashbacks about drinking and heat stroke reading that post. It was the defining moment of my downward slide although things got much, much worse. Eleven years ago I decided to get back in shape and went jogging at 7:00 a.m. when it was 90 degrees and sunny and humid. I was hungover. I was never so wretchedly ill in my life. I should have gone to the hospital but didn't. I had horrific anxiety and panic attacks for the remainder of that summer. I couldn't eat but sure could drink still. I was in outpatient treatment by that fall. And I still kept drinking for another ten years. Quit while you're ahead.