Notices

Holiday Edition Stay sober Weekender July 4th

Old 07-04-2015, 04:37 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  
saoutchik

HRH The Queen "Saoutch, do wish ones American chums a splendid 4th July"

HRH the Duke of Edinburgh "Remind those upstarts they owe one 239 years of bloody taxes!"
Old 07-04-2015, 04:52 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Dangit! I meant to get shotgun this weekend.

Oh well.

Happy 4th! I'm in France and working, so not celebrating, but I'm with you all in spirit!
Old 07-04-2015, 06:41 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Only 301 posts out Site
Old 07-04-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Well... yesterday was an awesome day!!!

Today is when I have to try and stay up to see the fireworks! LOL I am never up that late anymore. Just they will keep me awake anyway so might as well get out and see em.

M... I loved what you said to Tertra. That will stay with me. Thanks!

K
Old 07-04-2015, 06:57 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

I went to see fireworks last night which is rare for me. My ex husband is a professional pyrotechnic so I have seen enough to last me a lifetime. Lo and behold I actually enjoyed them. Maybe it was being sober and in the moment but I was glad I went.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

SoberP, that's cool - like the biz cards. Do what you think is best, I don't really have an eye for it! I also have a website. I once used Weebly but just bought my own domain (a few months ago) from GoDaddy. In my case, I believe I underestimated all the time and effort one needs in order to build a website! For now I'm pretty much just sitting on it, although I have a front page completed, etc. Doing the whole layout thing is certainly not for the faint of heart, it's complex. As long as you're not afraid of the technology and willing to learn, you'll solve it. I'm kinda all over the place - hope you are more focused that me!

Lazy 4th here in Guatemala. In just 3 days I will be hopping on a plane to the USA so next weekend I will be joining you all from there. I am excited and looking forward to the visit. Today I am going to distract myself with a trip into town for lunch with a friend and a walk in the park. Do some random errands to prepare for the trip and I'm set. Ballgame later on MLB.TV to close out the night.

Stay sober folks - remember, it's just another day! Don't let all the holiday boozing throw you off kilter. You'll get through it. Onward!
Old 07-04-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

BigS, you know Weebly can help you design and build it right? I bought my domain through them as well. They have templates you can just plug in. Makes it simpler.

I used WordPress and BlueHost to build a food website and blog a few years ago. I managed to do it drinking, so I'm just betting I will pick up Weebly relatively quickly
Old 07-04-2015, 07:47 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
I went to see fireworks last night which is rare for me. My ex husband is a professional pyrotechnic so I have seen enough to last me a lifetime.
My ex-bf *thought* he was a professional pyrotechnic, lol. He amassed huge quantities of fireworks every year to take to the beach for his family. It was a family ritual on the 4th. He is in sales and unfortunately had lots of money to waste on fireworks. I cringed But it was a family thing and he really enjoyed doing it for them, so I can understand that part.

MesaMan's video of Apu and Homer really hit home, lol.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Site, you're in France? How cool
Old 07-04-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

So this morning the guy I have been seeing states that he never gets any sleep at my house because of the dog. Apparently it was wrong of me to say "well don't sleep here". Seems simple to me. Problem solved. Dog was here long before you my friend.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:05 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Ahahaha!!! You go, Della. I don't blame you one bit.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Haha Della well said

I forgot to mention, I had a free fireworks display last night thanks to mother nature along with a torrential down burst don't know if my fellow brits/Irish had the same.

I have been to the Victoria and Albert Children's Museum - the have a display of childrens kites from Afghanistan, extraordinary beauty amidst chaos and carnage. It's too crowded to get any decent pics unfortunately
Old 07-04-2015, 08:09 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Paid off two more small-ish credit accounts this morning, yay.

I'm drinking a new brand of coffee and not impressed. Supposedly a French roast. Hmm. It's not bad, but it's just not that good either.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
I have been to the Victoria and Albert Children's Museum - the have a display of childrens kites from Afghanistan, extraordinary beauty amidst chaos and carnage. It's too crowded to get any decent pics unfortunately
Sounds interesting, Saoutchik
Old 07-04-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Sao....I immediately thought of The Kite Runner....so sad.

Nice one Della!

Congrats on paying off some debt hippo! That feels so good!

Our neighborhood has a block party today at the pool. I got 4 huge watermelons at the farmers market for my contribution and will slice them and keep them on ice, yum! Hope some of the kids will share their sparklers with me!
Old 07-04-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

What do y'all think?

Old 07-04-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Good morning! I have been occupying myself with a geeky computer-art project last night and today. (Was up till 5:30 AM then went to bed for a few hours.)

Finally got everything set up and working. Learned a few little things along the way that might be useful professionally.

Need to break away from that and do some other things for variety and health and to reacquaint myself with the so-called real world out there.

Changing to frozen low-fat yogurt to cut down on the sat fat. I have Key Lime Pie and Black Jack Cherry flavors in the freezer.

Local drunken *****s have not set the neighborhood on fire yet, but Independence Day is young. Luckily it's supposed to rain this afternoon.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:34 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
So this morning the guy I have been seeing states that he never gets any sleep at my house because of the dog. Apparently it was wrong of me to say "well don't sleep here". Seems simple to me. Problem solved. Dog was here long before you my friend.
Right?

I had been dating a guy for over a year, we had talked about marriage, we had both stayed at each others' houses frequently.

One day he said, "If we get married you're going to have to get rid of the dog."

That was a sign that things were rotten in Denmark.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Sao....I immediately thought of The Kite Runner....so sad.
I did too!
Old 07-04-2015, 08:39 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Mobile and lots to catch up on. Not ignoring the team.

At that place nosh again for lunch. Did 6 miles already today so I feel good about the cheat!!!