Notices

Holiday Edition Stay sober Weekender July 4th

Old 07-03-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Glad folks are here. Just checking in. I have been feeling o pretty squirrely the past few days. Went to two AA meetings yesterday; that is huge for this sporadic attender but felt like it was the right thing to do. Had a wonderful massage today. Went out to dinner and had a hot fudge sundae; felt like it was the right thing to do too

I think the squirrely is coming from the fact that it is this blasted holiday which for me has too much association with celebration/alcohol. And my son has been gone for almost a week visiting friends across the country. Glad to read and catch up on the posts and to see/read that there are many folks like me out there who are sober on this Friday night
Old 07-03-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Tetra: please remember to blow out those candles.

SP: first one. Georgina Baker (whilst I like it) screams 'GOOP' at me... Nothing against Ms Paltrow.. But.. emmm.. ya know...
Old 07-03-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Their little wiggly ears are so cool.
Their ears wiggle?? Aww I want to see some close up now. Haven't been to a zoo in ages.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:40 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

quick check in - did the cook out, Drove the hour+ home and wife is off to work. My BIL opened a chesterfield ale - my favorite... mentioned that one would be nice and I was told not in my house by them. Cool, ice tea then, with lemon please.
Ate too much and saw the neighborhoods setting their sidewalks on fire and booms going off and dogs barking everywhere.

sober-p the last one, only with an old fashioned typewriter print with a faulted letter. Something that would stand out.
Don't like the lectric typewriter, Never liked them when they were in use.

Yeah PK, a lot of people don't know that when we declared independence it was just the beginning. It's like filing for divorce then going through all the bs with the lawyers and such. Only this was a real fight.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

BigS I hope you have a fire proof umbrella!

Olive, you ran out of steam so you didn't make the no bake cookies. ???? Do you steam them?

I'm sleepy. Maybe force myself to stay awake for the first 15 minutes of a movie on netflix. btw - the movie selection on netflix is horrible.

Bim, enough with the fireman jokes. More hose, more hose she cried.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:49 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

So the world of LA just keeps getting better. Got a phone call from my exes ex before me. My son's half brother called saying he does not feel well and his sugar is bad (he is diabetic). She spoke to ex who is refusing to do anything. She calls me (as I am a nurse), then proceeded to call 911. In the meantime ex calls me cursing and yelling telling me to come get son. I say I am on my way (20 minutes drive) and he says "no, not tonight, you can get him at 4pm tomorrow, you show up now I will hurt you". WTF? So now, I do not know what the hell to do, police are on their way and I am sat here terrified for my son, wanting to you save him, but not wanting to make a bad situation worse. My life sucks.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:24 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Is your son ill, LA? I'm trying to understand but kind of confused. Your ex told you to come get him, but won't let you until tomorrow? Did he say why? Can you call police and let them know what is going on, and tell them that you are fearful for your son's safety, since you aren't allowed to see him right now? This seems like a tough situation. So sorry.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:26 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
BigS I hope you have a fire proof umbrella!

Olive, you ran out of steam so you didn't make the no bake cookies. ???? Do you steam them?

Old 07-03-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Trees39 View Post
SP: first one. Georgina Baker (whilst I like it) screams 'GOOP' at me... Nothing against Ms Paltrow.. But.. emmm.. ya know...
Yeah, it does! GOOP. I thought it looked familiar.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:49 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Soberpotamus - the police and fire dept ended up going there. It was his half brother that was ill. My ex is insane. I called dispatch and they made sure my son was ok. Mr. Fireman also called in (not his jurisdiction) and his fellow fireman said son is fine. I guess I am picking him up tomorrow. It is horrible being a parent and stuck. All I want is to grab my boy and hide him from the world.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:14 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to the sober bus Resolute50 and
SoberClover

I hope your son is OK LearningAgain

Do you have a website or blog Soberpotamus?
You could have a photo of yourself on the card and 1st page of your web/blog so people can remember you. I like the typewriter - the few cards I have fom people who write are from trade journalists, they seem to all go for a fountain pen logo

I guess BigSomb the volcano is saving you money on buying fireworks

Long run this morning - 6 miles approx
Old 07-03-2015, 10:28 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

I just got a domain name recently, Saoutchik. Working on setting up the website now I'm using a company called Weebly. I'm a bit in over my head with it at the moment, lol. I've had a blog before though, so I know there's a learning curve with any new platform like this.

I found some cheaper biz cards through VistaPrint tonight - 500 for $10 with a coupon code. I found a cute little typewriter one! Not quite as modern/chic as the ones I posted earlier, but much less expensive!! I was looking at 50 for $20 through Moo. I just hope the VistaPrint ones look ok. They look fine online.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:33 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

LA, I am glad he is ok
Old 07-03-2015, 11:32 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

I'm in. I'll enjoy a booze free 4th.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:49 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome Feenixx

That's great Jennie, I really hope it goes well.Good luck dealing with those Web designer folk - I always feel like I need a visa to enter their world.

Poached eggs on toast this morning + coffee and OJ
Old 07-04-2015, 12:57 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Tetra , to worry over wasted life ?
10 years time if i look back and had drank for another 5 or 10 years from now that would be wasted time .
What i have looking back from here over my 15-20 year drinking career is hard won experience that proves for me alcohol is just the pit's ..

So pay it forwards to that sober you in 1 , 5 or 10 years time , stay sober and live in glory , the you then will be grateful the you now, did what you did .

Hey all ,

sat morning coffee YAY !

Had 4 fledgling sparrows in the garden for the last 4 days , 1 made it flew off on the 1st day , the other 3 are off to get their molecules recycled with help from insects .. and those insects will be food for other sparrows .. so nothing is lost ..
Its just ascetically i feel more for a baby sparrow than a maggot .. It's all glorious life and a needed interdependent part of us .

There was only 1 left in the yard yesterday and i was hoping it'd fly but it was konked out this morning when i looked i'd have liked to have seen it fly ..

maybe 25% is ok for sparrows and mum and dad sparrow can now get fat for winter .. there is hope , another turning of the cycle ..

m
Old 07-04-2015, 02:17 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Ahhh the circle of life M.

Come to think of it... The circle of my waistline .... GYM!!!!!
Old 07-04-2015, 03:10 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Mecanix, your post and this cup of coffee are a great way to wake up. I'm keeping my eye on a bird nest myself...a brown thrasher. Should be about hatching time.

Gym time for me too Weasel.

Wishing all the best day.
Old 07-04-2015, 03:35 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Morning all

Hope you all have a wonderful July 4th.

I am waiting for a decent hour to call and find out WTH ex is playing at. Not a happy camper right now, and a tired one!
Old 07-04-2015, 03:42 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Count me in for a sober weekend!