Notices

I am such a failure

Old 06-29-2015, 09:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Scared1234 View Post
If there is a god out there, I ask him "why did you make me like this? What did I do in a past life to deserve this sh*t?"
Instead of that, try asking 'please, help me. Help me stop drinking and help me embrace sobriety and help me change my life for the better'.

You can get off this ride.
Old 06-30-2015, 04:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I've been here since November 2014 and haven't achieved more than a week sober I believe...I just don't know anymore
I skimmed through your previous posts. I don't see any about what you are doing for your recovery. Correct me if I'm wrong, but could that be because you aren't doing anything? Then how can you expect to have success in sobriety.

You aren't good at taking suggestions/advice. That's a problem only you can address.
Old 06-30-2015, 04:51 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Scared, you can do this. You have to dig deep and want this change for you. You've got to want to be sober today more than you want to drink.

You need to make a solid plan and stick to it. One that has contingencies for life's obstacles that pop up around every corner. This takes work and only you can make this change. I promise, you won't regret the effort.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:08 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You gotta break the cycle, and it can be done!!

What happened between "Opened up a bottle at 11 last night" and "Drank till 4am" . . . probably not very much, you went ahead and drank because your addiction wanted you to drink.

How about if you had of posted instead, sought a second opinion on things, used the support here to keep you focused, support is only good if we use it and it's a great way to short circuit our own minds when we're thinking of drinking!!

You can do this!!
Old 06-30-2015, 11:09 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

why did you make me like this? What did I do in a past life to deserve this sh*t?"

i think with most every other "disease" diagnosis, after a brief period of WHY ME, most patients seek out the very best TREATMENT possible to overcome their illness.

addicts and alcoholics, not so much. until there is simply nothing else left to do.

today could be the day you TAKE ACTION. that you SEEK HELP for your affliction. and then never EVER have to puke your guts up and hate life because you drank again.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Scared, think about it, you "enjoyed" 5 hours of boozing, and look at the repercussions you are dealing with. I know you are not feeling well, and mentally probably worse. Please take this as it is meant to be, and not judgmental or condescending. You will come to a crossroads, you will be forced to make a decision. And it could very well be life and death, or at least life or jobless and homeless and all that other fun stuff. But as long as you keep trying, you have my unconditional support. Wishing you the best Scared. hang in there.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Have you spoken to a doctor or anyone? I couldn't stay sober myself for anymore than a few days/weeks. I went to AA 4 months ago and haven't looked back. Don't be scared to get help or attend meetings.

I hope you feel better soon.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Do your best

I agree with Kevin i think talking with a Dr & having a rock solid recovery plan will help you overcome this

You are not a failure you are alcoholic accept that as i have as it saved my life

Rootin for you bud
Old 06-30-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

Most of the responses here are about taking action.

I know you're scared, but unless you do something different, all you're going to get is more of the same Scared...

D
Old 06-30-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I've been here since November 2014 and haven't achieved more than a week sober I believe...I just don't know anymore
Bullfeathers. Of course you know, that's why you're here on a forum about living sober. You're looking for answers.

That addict living in your head keeps telling you that you don't know, and you're listening to its sorry tale. I have an addict living in my head, too. It is a liar and a thief. It would kill me if I let it. I stopped believing its lies and my life got a lot better. I highly recommend it.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:09 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Keep trying.... Call deeply into your own heart, ask yourself to bring that inner child who knew sober joy before life changed back out to help you.

Ask Spirit - in whatever form you may believe it - yo help you embrace sobriety fully.

Keep trying.....

Harder and more fully.

You can do it.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:51 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I read all of your posts probably 100 times today and I thank all of you for your time and thoughts. I got through tonight without a drink and now have 48 hours under my belt. Tomorrow is day 3! I need to try harder. My AV is so smart it scares me. It is SO good at downplaying any situation and smoothly convincing me that getting drunk is a good thing.

I can do this
Old 07-01-2015, 01:39 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Yes, you can do it! Hang in there, Scared1234.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:33 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Some people can say they quit drinking and they're done......other need to be a little more stealthy like myself......I have to avoid alcohol, the places its consumed and the people that consume it. I also have to keep myself occupied. What's your recovery plan.