Notices

Newbie Weekender Sober Thread June 25 Pt 2

Old 06-30-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I have yet to decide what to do for July 4th this year. I will be all alone. I considered dressing up in a union jack outfit and running out on a stage screaming "noooooooo" but do not want to be arrested!

Mr Fireman just left, we ended up just chilling out in my garden. It was nice, and I pretty much behaved myself.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Haha! That's hilarious, Learningagain

The garden date sounds classy and really nice.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

7AM???? (Stomps feet, pouty face)

LOL

I'll be there!!!!
Old 06-30-2015, 12:45 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
Haha! That's hilarious, Learningagain

The garden date sounds classy and really nice.
It was nice, although classy probably does not describe it LOL, I cannot be THAT well behaved! I had friends messaging me to behave, so it appears they know me too well.

He was talking about taking me out somewhere nice for a third date, but not going to hold my breath as men are really good at sudden and unexpected disappearing acts!
Old 06-30-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

You know what's great? Taking the returnable aluminum cans to the store for recycling and having only Diet Coke and sparkling water containers.

No clang clang of glass beer bottles. Winning!!!!
Old 06-30-2015, 12:55 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dharma33 View Post
You know what's great? Taking the returnable aluminum cans to the store for recycling and having only Diet Coke and sparkling water containers.

No clang clang of glass beer bottles. Winning!!!!
LOL! It is a cool feeling right, I never seem to need to empty the trash can these days!
Old 06-30-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

okay then... Mrs Brain was not happy and very uptight after her exam. Hopefully it's what happens to me. When I think I aced an exam I did poorly. When I thought I failed it I done good - real good. Weird eh?
Speaking of EH? happy canada day. Poutine? whoah! We stopped at a diner on the way home from her exam because I figured she needed to eat. I ordered the special which was stuffed cabbage. Came with soup so I ordered the ham and bean. She just got a big piece of chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting three layers yummy. My filled cabbage came with mashed potatoes. When the waiteriss put the mashed on the table it was doused in a red sauce, as were the cabbage things. The soup was like a tomatoe soup with ham and beans in it. Actually pretty good - more a veggie style soup. I tasted the mashed taters and said, "It tastes like they used canned tomato soup for the sauce." She said I was exaggerating. The cabbage had the same "red" sauce. I asked the waitress what the sauce was and she told me, "He makes it with tomato soup." Oh but before that she was walking by and saw the face I made after I tasted it. She said yeah, be carreful it's pretty hot. Lady, that wasn't my food is hot face. That was my, I can't believe you serve this crap face.

I scouted a local fly fishing river while the wife was testing. There was a trico hatch and fish were rising. It's a place I've been wanting to fish for a while. Soon! Also size 22 to 24 single wound nymphs are working. That's fisherman talk for incredibly small hooks and magnifying glasses to tie them on. 7x or 8 or 9 x tippets needed here because the fish are spooky. That's fisherman talk for, "They've seen it all before and are very particular what they eat." Anything look not natural and they turn their nose at it.

Honey is napping. I got some garden stuff to do. You guys have been quite busy. I hope that extra second doesn't throw you off too much Della.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:19 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Brain - I was convinced I failed the boards too. The exam is really hard to know how you do on, because the nursing boards are evil and really good at having all the options be correct and you need to find the one that is the "most correct".

Fingers crossed she did fine.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

thanks LA, she ended up doing the 75 question test, apparently the computer decides as you are taking the exam which way to go. She said there were very few - a handful - of simple multiple choice questions. Much of it was diagnostics and more along that line. Very few memorization type questions.
But if the computer gives you the short version an hour into it I think it is a good sign. She was done in just over 2 hours. Weird because I was thinking it was going to be 4 hours. All of her classmates that already took it passed. But we'll see. She was stressed beyond belief and that's no help.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

It is really stressful. I had 75 questions too. I was lucky, in that it gives you progressively harder questions based on if you get them right, and progressively easier if you are wrong. I have a previous masters degree in biochemistry and genetics, and I guess I got traditionally hard questions for nurses, which were actually really easy for a biochemist! A lot of lab values/drug actions etc.

I am a sucker for punishment as now in a nurse practitioner program, so will have to do boards all over again!
Old 06-30-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good luck Mrs Brain

I was expecting to be drowning in sweat this evening but am doing OK. Realised why now, last time it was hot here I was still drinking and would often sweat profusely at the slightest rise in temperature. One more tick on the plus side of sobriety

6 months sober today (only I could choose you years eve as my first day, although the word "choose"is a misnomer)
Old 06-30-2015, 02:35 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Do your best

Im in
Old 06-30-2015, 05:15 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

la, all of my wife's friends from school who took exam today - to the person they think they failed. Most are very distraught at the moment.
I had no idea how bad this exam f'd with people's minds.

In other news, I received an email from a potential employer that I applied for telling me I'm not being considered. Next time I spend more time on the resume and application instead of just going through the motions.
Telling me I am not among the best qualified had me laughing. I know I am but because I didn't put the effort in on the app, I was looked over. A halfhearted effort is rewarded accordingly. Still waiting for the missus to get a job before I commit to really searching for myself.

See y'all on the clean bus tomorrow.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I might have just wet myself while watching that 'Monsoon' Vid Clip. Lawdy. That was amusing...

Thanks, Sao!

I'm pleased to hear that no Firefighters were harmed in the making of a [nascent] Relationship.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

My ortho is talking with my oral surgeon in the next few days about my jaw surgery. It's getting close to time to plan a date. I'm pretty nervous and excited. We took molds, pics, and x-rays again today. It's just a matter of getting with the oral surgeon at this point and planning a date, as well as getting insurance and finances squared away. I'm guessing it will happen sometime within the next two months.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

The time will go by fast for you I hope SP

Brain my grandmother always used tomato soup as the base for the sauce on her stuffed cabbage. She was Ukrainian. I worked with a girl who made a white sauce and she was Polish. So who knows.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Della, don't forget to correct your clocks for the leap second so you're on time for the new thread in the morning. You're in the same time zone as Weasel.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Is Weasel on Central time?

Thanks, Della. I do hope it will pass quickly at this point, but I'm guessing it will now come to a screeching halt, lol!!
Old 06-30-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I hope the dog knows about the leap second he is my alarm. I am EST right?
Old 06-30-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Yep, EST.