Notices

Im a mess!!

Old 06-29-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Hi, SweetBaby! I am really feeling for you. Those first 3 or 4 days are hell. Drink lots of water, tomatoe juice, calming teas, and try to rest. If you need to pace...get up and walk around. Please let someone know you are detoxing because it could get serious. You might not know you need to get to the ER but, someone standing close by will. Keep posting to get things off your mind. Those crazy thoughts can seem like the devil himself in your head. It will get better. Be good to yourself. I Googled alot about handover cures, home detoxing and foods that cleanse the body from alcohol. It kept my mind focused on healing and kept me moving forward to stopping the cycle of drinking. We are all here to get you through this. Keep the faith. ♡CR
Old 06-29-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
Hi, SweetBaby! I am really feeling for you. Those first 3 or 4 days are hell. Drink lots of water, tomatoe juice, calming teas, and try to rest. If you need to pace...get up and walk around. Please let someone know you are detoxing because it could get serious. You might not know you need to get to the ER but, someone standing close by will. Keep posting to get things off your mind. Those crazy thoughts can seem like the devil himself in your head. It will get better. Be good to yourself. I Googled alot about handover cures, home detoxing and foods that cleanse the body from alcohol. It kept my mind focused on healing and kept me moving forward to stopping the cycle of drinking. We are all here to get you through this. Keep the faith. ♡CR
I really was oblivious to how my body would react to stopping. I didn't know it was life threatening. Till I read all of the stories on here. I am going to try to tell my husband tonight when he gets home. I might get this I did tell him I was going to stop drinking. Then I made him go to the grocery, which I never do. When he got home he said you sent me because you didn't want to buy any wine. I am sure he is like me and never knew how it can affect someone stopping.

I went to bed at 1 am and woke up at 3 shaking. Then I could not go back to sleep till 5 and slept till 9. I really feel better when I am up than when I try to sleep.

Thanks for all the encouraging words they are really helping. I feel so much stronger reading here. I am learning ways to get through this that I never knew about. I really was so alone and depressed in my drinking.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Staying busy for me is difficult, my job is somewhat physical, but I like to distract my mind with reading and such. If I were to do nothing, ALL I could think about is how awful I felt and those temptations would be strong.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. The first couple weeks can be rough. Get medical help if it gets bad. Once you get thru the rough part, work on a plan to stay sober. For me, I saw a counselor and came to SR every day to read and post.

You'll find lots of support here.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:32 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

This is a great place to be for support. There is a lot of knowledgeable people with great advice. Ice cream is good to have around for cravings. It helps so much. I know this isn't going to be easy,but you can do it.
Tc