Notices

Back again

Old 06-27-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back again

Wow, the last time I signed on was 8/2/13. I have been feeling like crap, drinking daily (still), and have put on around 45 lbs. Yesterday after my doctor visit, I have decided to change my life. Friday was a hell of a day to decide to quit, but I did it. I got a more restful sleep, I feel better this morning- I just never realized that I actually AM a little hungover until I woke up after a night of not drinking today. So that was Day #1, here goes Day #2!
Old 06-27-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's good to see you back and moving forward with sobriety.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Long time to go between recovery attempts. Hope this one sticks.

Are you going to do anything different this time to make sure you keep your new found committment?
Old 06-27-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have many happy memories of Jupiter

I'm glad you are back and hopefully halfway through DayTwo!
Old 06-27-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome bk
Old 06-27-2015, 12:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back!!
Old 06-27-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! Yea...I had a lot of reasons/excuses as to why I didn't need to quit. My mom finally got sober, and that made me feel like a total hypocrit. Now I see my health deteriorating and I don't like it. I also have a 3 y/o who's old enough to notice things and this isn't the example I want to set for her. I am really tired today though. Could be boredom too. Either way, this is something I'm determined to do before I wake up one day and realize I've ended up just like my mother!
Old 06-27-2015, 01:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi SamerrasMama. We have so much more time when we're sober, it's great.
Old 06-27-2015, 01:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Sameasrrmama! Wow! I have a 26 year old daughter (26 tom), a 4 year old beautiful granddaughter (Olivia), and I'm a drunk g'ma trying to get it together! So funny and sad what u said. I always tell my kids (son and daughter) they don't want to end up like me! And you don't! Congrats on figuring that out so young! Stick to your guns. No child needs to see that. My son never saw it in me, I can hardly believe that. I think cause I always worked too hard (he'd always say). He's very candid and picked up the problem a good five years ago. (He's 28 next month). Keep workin on it is all I can say.

I too have fond memories of Jupiter! Many years ago a girlfriend lived there. We went to the Burt Reynold's Theatre! I hate to say I remember getting quite tipsy on flight home! Then she moved to Nagshead, SC (NC?). On the way there I met a marine? on the plane. We had some kind of layover and we ended up in the bar. We got back to the plane on time for departure and it was gone! Prolly a time zone difference I would guess now. Anyway, my GF bought new tires for her vehicle while she waited for me to get there. Sad sad sad. She was a huge partier tho and didn't care. Sad sad sad. Advice from g'ma. Straighten up now. I love the young ones that have enough sense to stop and also see where this is going if they don't stop.

Much love young lady!

Olivia
Old 06-27-2015, 02:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks! Yes, I'm 32. I beat my drug addiction 4 years ago on July 5th. After my daughter turned 1, I eventually started drinking again and successfully replaced my drug addiction with alcohol. My mom is only 50, has suffered from pancreatitis and now has diabetes.

What do I plan to do differently this time? TELL people! Friends, family, etc. The first attempt I was more convinced that I just needed to cut back and there was no reason to tell anyone or worry them. It should've opened my eyes when 2 men in a row decided to cut things off with me because they hated seeing me end every day with a bottle (or 2) of wine. But when you're an addict, everyone else is wrong, right? LOL

Originally Posted by Olivia2011 View Post
Hi Sameasrrmama! Wow! I have a 26 year old daughter (26 tom), a 4 year old beautiful granddaughter (Olivia), and I'm a drunk g'ma trying to get it together! So funny and sad what u said. I always tell my kids (son and daughter) they don't want to end up like me! And you don't! Congrats on figuring that out so young! Stick to your guns. No child needs to see that. My son never saw it in me, I can hardly believe that. I think cause I always worked too hard (he'd always say). He's very candid and picked up the problem a good five years ago. (He's 28 next month). Keep workin on it is all I can say.

I too have fond memories of Jupiter! Many years ago a girlfriend lived there. We went to the Burt Reynold's Theatre! I hate to say I remember getting quite tipsy on flight home! Then she moved to Nagshead, SC (NC?). On the way there I met a marine? on the plane. We had some kind of layover and we ended up in the bar. We got back to the plane on time for departure and it was gone! Prolly a time zone difference I would guess now. Anyway, my GF bought new tires for her vehicle while she waited for me to get there. Sad sad sad. She was a huge partier tho and didn't care. Sad sad sad. Advice from g'ma. Straighten up now. I love the young ones that have enough sense to stop and also see where this is going if they don't stop.

Much love young lady!

Olivia
Old 06-27-2015, 02:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

SM - I know you can do this. Your posts tell me so. You are a wonderful young woman. Life is ahead of you waiting for you to enjoy with your daughter. Live life to the fullest. I just wrote that in my daughter's bday card!

G'ma Marcia!
Old 06-27-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back

D
Old 06-27-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's so good to see you back SamerrasMama. Never stop trying for a better life.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome back!! I am a mom too, and have been on and off this site over the past few years. I have been working hard to remain sober, some days it has been very difficult, and I have relapsed many times In the past few years.

I was making myself crazy counting days and I am trying very hard to just live in the present when it comes to alcohol and life In general.

Looking forward to seeing you on here!