Notices

Only managed three days

Old 06-27-2015, 02:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by JUK View Post
Just can't see the exit door...
That bottle is like a blindfold. Get it out of the way and you'll likely see better.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

A little shame is probably a good thing but don't let it crush you under its weight.

Look, you have made sobriety work before, and you can do it again. Almost everyone has slip-ups somewhere in their process, even the 25-years-sober people tried and failed and tried again somewhere on their timeline. Just keep looking forward!
Old 06-28-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I understand what you're going through. I'd feel so ashamed after every relapse that i couldn't even post on here... but no one judges you because... we are all like you. We fall down but get back up again. You can do this! It's not the end. Try again until it's forever.
Old 06-28-2015, 03:34 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by JUK View Post
That's the problem though - I don't think I can ever forgive myself. Ten years of getting drunk, ten years of lieing and cheating. On the surface I have a decent life but underneath I'm nothing more than a lieing piece of scum. Actually one down from scum to be honest
I used to think that too - now I think I was using my own self loathing and inability to forgive myself as a reason to keep drinking.

I did forgive myself and I did find that I was much more than a lying piece of scum - but the only way to do that is to put the bottle down first.

It's a real leap of faith - but it's incredibly worth it JUK

D