i am new

Old 06-27-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your progress

D
Old 06-30-2015, 02:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

if my maths are correct - day 5 today... No obvious side effects apart from I can sleep, and my anxiety has all but dissipated. Not going to get over excited though as yesterday all I could think of was having a drink - but what helped me was thinking about how crap I would feel in the morning. I can watch films, relax in bed, this is an amazing challenge but I'm still up for it.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:06 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yes I've been going to go alcohol free tomorrow for the last four years, but today it's today!!
Old 06-30-2015, 03:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm also on day 5 after my last huge binge. I'm finally at work, but right after go to jury duty for who knows what time then a few hours sleep and back to work. I was wondering why I didn't try to get out if it yesterday and I think subconsciously I wanted to keep busy. Who knows.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:14 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

justsaynonono, well done on getting to day 5, you're doing really well, keep it going. Have you tried anything to help you sleep, as I know this is going to be a problem for me, it always is when I don't drink.

I'm planning to have an active night, walking the dogs, cutting the grass, hair cut, so it should keep my mind off the drink.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:25 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by craigmtc View Post
justsaynonono, well done on getting to day 5, you're doing really well, keep it going. Have you tried anything to help you sleep, as I know this is going to be a problem for me, it always is when I don't drink.

I'm planning to have an active night, walking the dogs, cutting the grass, hair cut, so it should keep my mind off the drink.
what you have just said is absolutely what I have done, just really tried to get myself to the point where i am so tired that sleep is the only option, if that fails then I use the TV/reading to just keep me company if i cant sleep.

I'm not quite the expert though as there have been times when I have thought, ahhhh sod this and was gonna get a drink but i never did thankfully, heres to another 5 days, and good luck to you
Old 06-30-2015, 03:45 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Sounds like a plan justsaynonono keeps it up, fingers crossed!!