Notices

The Silver Surfer's Sobriety Journey

Old 07-18-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Day 6 in progress...

Had a great workout to start the morning. I felt such a "Workout High" when I'm in the gym or working out or doing any of my fitness related activities. I truly believe that's where I need and have to be more often from here on in.

Anyway, that documentary " Rain in My Heart" had a real profound effect on me when I watched it last night. Really had me look at many things from a different perspective. As I said, I believe it to be required viewing for those who have issues with alcohol or are in sobriety and need a reminder of what can happen when you choose to abuse alcohol. Enough preaching, I intend to have a very productive and enjoyable day today so I hope you guys do as well. Check in later. Day 6...
Old 07-18-2015, 07:23 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Surfer
Old 07-18-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Bringing Day 6 to a close and nothing big to report, got in an afteroon AA online meeting ( been pretty consistent with those). Had a great day and now will do some reading, cooking, sports watching and prepare and plan for a beautiful Sunday morning Day 7.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Day 7 in progress,

Had a great workout to start the day, and now I'm onto working on my personal project and planning. Alot to accomplish today.

Just a drinking aside...Its a beautiful sunny Sunday and I walked past a park with some old friends that I would play basketball and afterwards converse and have some beers with on Sunday's not too long ago. I saw the regular suspects out there and decided not to go in or stop by so as not to get into or begin the old routine there. I always used to look forward to the sports and life conversations and the basketball but then would get too comfortable and have a couple of beers afterwards and that would spark my afternoon binges afterwards. As I'm changing my environments that is one place I have to put on my "do not go right now" list in this early time. Just something I wanted to address, I feel stronger in just making the decision.

Anyway, time to get a healthy meal and get to work, remember folks " Feed your focus and starve your distractions" Check in later on....
Old 07-19-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on 1 week sober DSS
Old 07-19-2015, 11:06 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Day 8 early morning edition,

2am here on the Eastern Hemisphere and I'm up doing some work. I was so tuckered out from the workout and the early activities that I had to take a long nap. So now I have to get some early work done before starting my Monday. Staying focused. Day 7 went well and now getting prepared for my Monday, check back in later on.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:09 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on day 8, DSS. You're on the right track.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Winding down day 8, just posting early because I have some business to attend too before the evening is done. Great day thus far, early morning workout and got some great work done today. Will be up for some hours to complete some more and get my evening prayer/meditation on. Day 8 winding down....Day 9 on deck....
Old 07-21-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

G'Morning,

Day #9 and not much to converse on. I've got alot to accomplish on this day so I have to get to it. Again, feed your focus and starve your distractions. Check back later.....have a great one people.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 07-21-2015, 08:36 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Day #9 in the books and got some good work done today. Real productive. Time for some prayer and Meditation and then off for the night. Day 10 awaits.....
Old 07-21-2015, 08:54 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
pray for strength

"Feed your focus and starve your distractions" - This is going on the bathroom mirror! Love it. Great job with a week, plus.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:13 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Day #10 begins,

First, I want to thank God for granting me another day in good health and spiritual wealth. I'm grateful for all my challenges large and small and negative and positive because they are here to strengthen me and my resolve and make me more courageous and a better man. I thank God for that and also for all the blessings he's given me thus far.

I just wanted to give a huge shoutout to Jabbadabutt's thread "Former lurker...now here"( hopefully, I have the post name correct, just check Jabbadabutt's name and the post will appear). His journey from alcoholic to moderate alcoholic to now 4 years of continuing sobriety is a phenomenal story. I have been reading his progression slowly over the past week taking in a couple pages at a time for his back story and its been so inspiring.

His (Jabbadabutt's) story is very candid, transparent, humorous, thought provoking and overall real. I love the fact that he failed, picked himself up, found out what worked and didn't work for him and found new ways, reasons and tools to keep himself sober. I've found so much in his thread that resonates with me and speaks to my own journey. I love SR for having so many threads like his on her to view when your going through your own maze and trying to find the right path. Believe me people someone has done that before and with alot more difficulty than your going through believe that.

People take the time and read, reachout and research this SR haven and then implement what they did that worked and also heed what they did that DIDN'T WORK. Also heed the suggestions of the pitfalls to watch out for. OK, enough of my soap box preaching I have a lot to accomplish and a little time to accomplish it in lol. Check back in later people Day 10 underway....it feels good to be back in double digits ya dig!!! P.S. Remember to feed your focus and starve your distractions.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:44 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on double digits Surfer
Old 07-22-2015, 05:33 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
SD 7/3/15 SRJD 7/14/15

Hanging 10 on Day 10 are you?

Way to go DSS!
Old 07-22-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by toadie54 View Post
Hanging 10 on Day 10 are you?

Way to go DSS!
Yes I am Toadie,,,,,yes I am
Old 07-22-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Winding down Day 10

Great productive day and now I'm spent lol. Had a great AA online meeting at lunch and all in all a great Wednesday. Now time for some prayer/meditation and rest. Got an early start for a workout in the morning. Goodnite Gracie....Day 11 awaits....

P.S. Sorry for the large signature but the message is that important lol. SO I CHANGED!!!
Old 07-23-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Day 11 began @ 4:30 am ( My usual wake up time)

Great workout done and got in some me time afterwards for some inspirational reading in a beautiful park on an 80 degree morning #Priceless. You have to take some time to be present in nature and do something you love and appreciate all of God's wonders of Nature. Got another day of alot of work so I will check in later on 2nite. Have a great one people....
Old 07-24-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Day 12 underway...

First, just wanted to add that I ended day 11 watching one of my favorite artists Jill Scott in concert....phenomenal. She was well worth staying up until 2am lol. Fully present all throughout the concert and must say I enjoyed it a bit more than I would have when I was drinking I really resonated with all the music and listened more intently to it.

Fast forward to today, great morning workout, my leg workout with abs is brutal but real effective lol. Got some real good work in this afternoon, got in a meeting online and looking to reward myself with a great couple of meals a movie and work on some music later. Check back in time permitting....Day 12...
Old 07-24-2015, 04:57 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep it going DSS - great stuff

D