Thanx Soberwolf...you do the same.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 2 weeks DSS

D
Old 07-06-2015, 08:17 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Day 15 coming to a close, nothing major to report as far as alcohol related info, was way to busy to even be focused on it at all. Again, my week days are not the issue for me I keep my focus on those things I'm looking to achieve and alcohol does not play a part in that for me in my daily. The problematic times were/are the weekends and the social occasions that were my issues for bingeing.

Anyway, had a good AA online meeting and I'm working on my steps along with SR and my daily spiritual time. About to read and pray and schedule my Tuesday have a good one people. Day 16 awaits...
Old 07-07-2015, 05:31 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Day 16 begins ...
Today I wanted to share with you my morning Food for Thought mantra today I wrote on "Change" I hope it adds some value to your day today. Check back in later. .

~~Food For Thought....You Add The Iced Coffee~~
~~150 Days 2 Excellence – Day 106~~~
~~~Be Open 2 Change!!!~~~
‪#‎G‬‬’Morning. There are 3 guarantees in this life journey that you can count on Death, Taxes and CHANGE! Change in the world around us is automatic, change in ourselves...well that is not so automatic it's done by choice not by chance.

To change your life, you must change the way you think and be open to change. Changing your life is hard! It requires everything in you to move your life in a different direction. You must be determined to break the habits that have caused you to live a life that does not reflect the real you. Embrace the fear of the unknown and release the need to stay stuck in your established routines. You are bigger and stronger than any habit, addiction or circumstance you are currently facing.

To truly change you have to be willing to stretch yourself, challenge yourself; challenge the way you think, challenge what you eat, challenge what you believe, assess your associations, inventory your environment, what you read, how you spend your time and with who you spend your time.– you change by stretching yourself.

Change is not the result of wishful thinking, willpower, or even intention. It will happen because of hard work, careful planning, focused energy and feeling the pain that has kept you stuck. Until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change, your life will remain exactly the way it is. This new way of living requires dedication, practice, patience and pushing yourself in the right direction over and over again. You can change your life. You can do hard!! You have something special. You have GREATNESS within you!
(Les Brown)
Old 07-07-2015, 11:36 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 16 surfer...and thanks for the above share. I needed this today !

Carry on !

DD

Old 07-07-2015, 08:35 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Just closing down day 16....about to get in my nightly prayer ritual and preparing for Day 17. Have a good one people Day 17 awaits.....
Old 07-08-2015, 05:25 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Day 17 begins here in the East...just wanted to share my "Food for Thought" for this Wednesday to you as it resonated with me greatly today. Hope you find value in it.

To Risk
To laugh is to risk appearing the fool. To weep is to risk appearing sentimental. To reach out for another is to risk involvement.
To expose feelings is to risk exposing your true self. To place your ideas, your dreams, before a crowd is to risk their loss. To love is to risk not being loved in return.

To live is to risk dying. To hope is to risk failure. But risks must be taken. Because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing. If you risk nothing and do nothing, you dull your spirit. You may avoid suffering and sorrow, but you cannot learn, feel, change, grow, love, and live.
Chained by your attitude, you are a slave. You have forfeited your freedom. Only if you risk are you free.

“The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live.”~Leo Buscaglia
Old 07-08-2015, 08:09 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I really must say that time waits for no man, woman or child. Here it is that I remember my first post like it was yesterday and now I'm on the cusp of Day 18.

Well, today was a great day, didn't attend my online meeting today but will resume with that tomorrow. More importantly, did not have a drink today and will do my time with my HP later before bed. Truly blessed and grateful for good health and wealth and all my challenges and obstacles because God has put them in my life to grow me and make me stronger and better so I embrace them. Have a great night people as I go into my evening ritual and look forward to some much needed rest. Day 18 awaits....
Old 07-09-2015, 08:37 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Day 18 has begun and my goal for today is to be allergic to average in all I do, conduct myself with excellence, be better than I was yesterday, work steadily and prayerfully towards my goals and passion and do it all soberly. Thank God for another day. Check back in later....Day 18
Old 07-09-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

***Just Some Food For Thought***

As I have always believed that this sobriety journey for me is an individual one, everyone's case is a little different. Mostly for me it's mostly a mental game as much as it a physical one, once I conquer my mind the alcohol doesn't have a chance...I've proven that before so I work just as hard on my mental game as I do my spiritual mindset for the results I seek.

With that said, I share with you my daily mental food, its as important to nourish the mind as it is the body so eat hearty:

Get Beyond The Limits ~ Ralph Marston

You are right where you should be at this moment. Now it is time to move on to what is next.

Whether your life up to this point has been easy or whether it has been difficult, you are here just the same. And your destiny does not care about your past.

There are plenty of reasons why you find yourself here at this time. What matter much more, though, are the reasons you now have for moving forward.

As good as they have been, your triumphs of the past are now little more than pleasant memories. As painful as they once were, your past failures are now behind you. (***Please remember this always***)

Do you realize how completely free you are at this very moment? Do you understand that the main thing holding you back is your belief that something is holding you back?

Today is your opportunity to fully taste that freedom and to finally get beyond the limits you've imposed on yourself. Reach inside, touch your most compelling purpose, and bring your best possibilities to life.

~~ Ralph Marston ~~
Old 07-09-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

End of day 18, transitioning to Day 19. Nothing really to report Day 19 here we come....
Old 07-09-2015, 09:18 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Good to hear you in good spirits Surfer !

Ralph Marston has some good chit, huh ?

I think so.

Carry on !

DD

Old 07-09-2015, 09:26 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DuhDave View Post
Good to hear you in good spirits Surfer !

Ralph Marston has some good chit, huh ?

I think so.

Carry on !

DD

Thanx DD, Yeah, Ralph aka The Daily Motivator is a very insightful dude love his work.
Old 07-10-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 20 Surfer
Old 07-10-2015, 08:23 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Congrats on day 20 Surfer
It's actually 19 soberwolf, but I like your enthusiasm lol. Day 20 will be tomorrow. Had a great day, eat well, worked well, watched some great Tennis and some great Summer League basketball and got in an afternoon online meeting which we worked the 2nd step. Great day 19...Day 20 awaits...
Old 07-11-2015, 03:13 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Do your best

My bad lol your doing great tho
Old 07-11-2015, 05:59 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Day 20 begins....Great night's rest and now ready for morning workout and catch the Finals of the woman's final @ Wimbledon while I'm doing it. Have a work related afternoon on deck with a lot of planning, reading and project work, so the day is going to be pretty eventful. It's a work weekend on deck...the social calendar will have to wait, priorities first. Have a great morning people check yall' later.
Old 07-11-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on 20 days, DaSilverSurfer! You're doing great and I appreciate the updates.
Old 07-11-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 20 Surfer the girl against Venus started well her first final

Have a nice sober saturday night my friend