The Silver Surfer's Sobriety Journey

Old 06-29-2015, 09:58 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on a week sober Surfer
Old 06-29-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

***AA Online Meetings Update***

I've been trying something new for this go around of sobriety SR, in addition to this forum and the usual spiritual endeavors I've been attending a daily AA online forum to see if it fits me. Had 6 meetings so far and its been different and interesting at the same time. I've really been "present" in the meetings albeit it online but it has added some value to this journey. I'm committing myself for a month and then I will assess whether I will continue, but I'm working the steps and haven't decided yet if a sponsor is in the works. If you want something you never had, you have to do something you've never done they say.To be continued..... .
Old 06-29-2015, 05:23 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your week

D
Old 06-30-2015, 02:17 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Day 8 ended with a long day and caught up with some needed sleep at the end of the day. Good day with some much needed rest @ the end. Day 9 begins....
Old 06-30-2015, 02:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good morning, Day 9 commences....Lots of planning, work and business to conduct today and I look to fit in an AA online meeting this afternoon around lunchtime. Check back in later...feeling good this morning.....
Old 06-30-2015, 02:36 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Sounding good, Surfer! Your focus is great.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:15 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

***A Thing About Letting Go***

I have been really reading, meditating and implementing in my life the principle of "Letting Go and Letting God" I've found that truly Letting Go is the core principle of sobriety, change, living our best lives, getting our of our comfort zones etc. For me, it has been letting go of old behaviors ( my old alcholic self) relationships ( personal, intimate, professional) that are not serving who I want to be and supporting the journey I'm on now. Letting go off old mindsets that have tied me to being less than I can be, achieve and grow as a person.

Its all about letting go of the "old me" and creating and letting in the "new me" and at the crux of that is FEAR....fear of uncertainty, fear of unfamiliarity, fear of not being enough, fear of being alone at times in the new stages, fear of having to learn new ways of coping and being and fear of being uncomfortable in new spaces, places, people and surroundings. I've begun to combat this FEAR with FAITH because all of the former things will be defeated by works and FAITH.

But, at the end of the day I know that letting go is crucial especially on this journey because the old way of doing things and being are not serving my greater good and there is no growth and progress in this old antiquated way of life any more. If I am to live my truth I HAVE TO LET GO and I trust my new self and God that where I'm going and who I'm becoming is greater than who and what I have been. So to all of you here at SR that are in the same state of transition I've attached a poem by Louise Hay that has helped my when I'm in a state of questioning...Hope you find the value in it as I have....

Letting Go – Louise Hay
To let go isn't to forget, not to think about, or ignore. It doesn't
leave feelings of anger, jealousy, or regret. Letting go isn't about
winning or losing. It's not about pride and it's not about how you
appear, and it's not obsessing or dwelling on the past.

Letting go
isn't blocking memories or thinking sad thoughts, and it doesn't leave
emptiness, hurt, or sadness.It's not about giving in or giving up.

Letting go isn't about loss and it's not about defeat.
To let go is to cherish the memories, but to overcome and move on.
It is having an open mind and confidence in the future.

Letting go is learning and experiencing and growing.
To let go is to be thankful for the
experiences that made you laugh, made you cry, and made you grow.
It's about all that you have, all that you had, and all that you will
soon gain.

Letting go is having the courage to accept change,
and the strength to keep moving.
Letting go is growing up. It is
realizing that the heart can sometimes be the most potent remedy.
To let go is to open a door, and to clear a path and set yourself free.

***HAVE THE COURAGE TO LET GO, LIVE, LOVE AND LET GOD***
Old 06-30-2015, 03:19 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Almost to double digits! Nice job. Hang in there!
Old 06-30-2015, 08:29 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Day 9 in the books and it was a very productive day. Got alot of work done and ate well ( 3 great meals and lots of fluids) and did an online AAmeeting @ lunchtime . In addition, I had a great conversation that I had been putting off and clarified some thing going forward with someone that means the world to me and is supporting my sobriety journey. Hope you all had a great sober day....Day 10 awaits...
Old 06-30-2015, 08:32 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Keep up the great work!
Old 07-01-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Day 10 winding down and had a very productive day. Got in an afternoon AA online meeting and the topic was "Sacrifice" and that went well. The online meeting are different but very helpful as I can see other people's perspectives and challenges and also see some individuals who have been sober for decades. coming from very dire circumstances. It really shows what can be accomplished with commitment, support and perseverance.

Anyway, about to go into the evening routing of reading and spiritual connection, the weekend of July 4th is upon us and I'm putting together a plan to enjoy it soberly and I suggest you all do the same. Day 11 awaits.....
Old 07-02-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Good morning, afternoon or evening which ever is appropiate for your time zone. Day 11 is beginning for me and looking forward to it. Feeling much better mentally and physically and have alot planned for the day.

So, I leave you guys with this thought that I had in my morning motivation meeting. "Failure is not a single, cataclysmic event. We do not fail overnight. Failure is the inevitable result of an accumulation of poor thinking and poor choices. To put it more simply, failure is nothing more than a few errors in judgment repeated every second, minute, hour and day. So be intentional with your actions and your thinking to have a successful sober day. Check in later.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 11

D
Old 07-02-2015, 04:33 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Surfer
Old 07-02-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
~sb

I couldn't work those steps without a sponsor. Who knew how many pages was devoted to step one? I didn't until I had guidance.

Best wishes on your sober journey!
Old 07-03-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Day 12 begins.....

Day 11 ended with watching some tennis (Wimbledon) and kinda envying all the parties that were taking place around my neighborhood. I could hear all the celebrations and all the drinking that was taking place. I decided to turn down all invites for parties to celebrate July 4th this year(which is a first).

Felt like a stick in the mud last night but the feeling of no hangover, anxiety, forgetfulness, total presence, and in my right state of mind is priceless this morning. I'm sure that it will be mentally challenging for the weekend but I'm putting plans in place to be productive and busy beforehand. This whole process is uncomfortable but true change only comes at the end of your comfort zone I'm told...so I'm testing that theory out. Day 12...Check back in later....
Old 07-04-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Day 13 begins...

Day 12 was a great day, got alot of work done on my personal/professional project. I'm working on a major project and in addition to my sobriety "that" is the number 1 priority right now, so I'm laser focused on that. Did alot of laundry and cleaning around my home and watched some incredible tennis (I must say that Serena Williams is a force of nature WOW!!!)

Ate well, 4 good nutritious meals and rested well last night. About to workout and do some more work on this project and see some family later on for some music. Happy "official' July 4th to all my U.S. posters. Check in later Day 13....
Old 07-04-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Surfer 13 days is fantastic
Old 07-04-2015, 04:16 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

13 Days is fantastic!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 07-06-2015, 10:33 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Day 15 has been in effect and I'm about to go into my afternoon online AA meeting. Had a great weekend and I hope you all did as well. Alot of work to finish this afternoon and hopefully check out some tennis this evening as a reward. Check back in later.