Notices

Day 5 and I'm feeling jittery

Old 06-22-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 and I'm feeling jittery

Yeah I feel jittery........I took a b complex vitamin this morning .......first time in a week.....and I feel like I can't contain myself. If I don't sleep tonight I'm never taking another one. day 5
Old 06-22-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
zjw

for what its worth i've had issues taking b-100's so i'd take b-50's but even those I just quit and just assumed to eat better. I had dizzy spells with them it wasnt very good. years ago i used to get energetic if i took something like that.

Though some will say alcoholics need B vitamins best bet check with your doc or opt for good foods if they are giving you issues.

at day 5 its normal to have jitters I think. I know i did. it'll ease up you can try going for a walk or keeping busy with something? Or herbal teas or something I drank a ton of tea in early sobriety.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Pressure makes diamonds

OMG!!! I'm having the same issue with b's. I was taking a super B on top of my regular multi vitamin and not sleeping and having terrible headaches. Too many vitamins can be toxic.
I think moderation is a new muscle I'm flexing, including with vitamins!!!
Old 06-22-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
zjw

Yep I always read how they where water soluable and no big deal you could never have too much etc.. Then I had issues.

I'd opt for lots of water and fruit and veggies. All of it will help flush you out and all the nutrition i'm sure your body will gladly thank you for.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Pressure makes diamonds

The other thing to keep in my mind is that our vitamins were depleted over time. It takes a while to get everything back to normal. Taking too many vitamins in a short period of time won't fix it.
ZJW is right, proper eating and hydration with water is key.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've been drinking unsweetened ice tea and regular root beer all day.......I drank the root beer for the sugar.....cause I think my body wants it. I'll keep drinking.....but eating is out even though I have a quart of strawberries w my name on them in the frig. I flushed most of it out cause my urine is almost clear......but wow........I don't like feeling this way.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Pressure makes diamonds

It is uncomfortable, but you'll be better tomorrow.
Sure is the lesser evil vs a hangover!!
Old 06-22-2015, 06:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
zjw

I hope it eases up soon. I climbed the walls myself for a while. Maybe something high in omega 3's? Or orange juice with the D and Calcium in it? Or bananas with the magnesium in them can help calm you down.

when you feel up to eating try a banana loaded in B6. Being vegan I dont eat eggs now but i did in early sobriety for some reason they made me feel a littl ebetter I think the omega's and tryptophan in em and the choline I believe is another one us alcholics need.

hang in there.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
zjw

if the vitamin thing interests you google andrew saul and vitamin cure for alcohlism he does have a site that kinda tells you every thing the book does. its interesting reading anyhow.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by Hope2014 View Post
The other thing to keep in my mind is that our vitamins were depleted over time. It takes a while to get everything back to normal. Taking too many vitamins in a short period of time won't fix it.
ZJW is right, proper eating and hydration with water is key.
yeah and no one wants to hear it but I could swear it takes months for our bodies to get back up to par nutritionally after the years of drinking. heck perhaps a year or more even. Although I'd say your turning a corner in this regard 6 months in or so. Its crazy the damage we do to our bodies and just how depeleted we can make ourselves.

But I would not try and look at this as 6 months from now or someting I'd really just stay focused on 1 day at a time.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats on 5 days! Listening to your body while keeping track of vitamins etc. good job! Keep up the self care .
Old 06-22-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Zjw.....I read Andrew Saul......doctor yourself website and it is interesting. I immediately drank a glass of orange juice even before I finished the page.......no wonder I always feel refreshed after I drink oj.......thanks for the tip!!!!...I'm gonna check my vitamins tomorrow to see where I stand and make sure my diet is up to snuff!
Old 06-22-2015, 10:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Are you consuming a lot of Caffiene? Coffee, soda's, Tea, Chocolate, etc ?

DD
Old 06-23-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

It is important to remember that our bodies adapted to the alcohol, so while we may be considered depleted in certain nutrients, we have also adapted to this (depending on time drinking) so depleted is "normal" to our bodies. Just like we did not immediately drink a bottle of vodka one night and all the nutrients left, it takes time for our bodies to adapt back to normal.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:46 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 5 Debbie
Old 06-23-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on day five!
Old 06-24-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Day 5 is fantastic!! Keep it going!!
Old 06-25-2015, 02:20 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

i refuse to take any synthetic vitamin as studies are showing it can do more harm than good as the body can't recognise anything synthetic.... Instead i take a vitamin which is made up from whole foods its GARDEN OF LIFE MY KIND ORGANICS...its safe and the body uses the vitamins as it can recognise what it is...
Old 06-25-2015, 02:50 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Debbie329 View Post
Yeah I feel jittery........I took a b complex vitamin this morning .......first time in a week.....and I feel like I can't contain myself. If I don't sleep tonight I'm never taking another one. day 5
I had this problem... but I switched from regular old B vitamins to Garden of Life/Vitamin Code: Raw B Complex. I feel great and if I don't take them for a few days I get tired and depressed!

I take those, vitamin D (i have a deficiency tho), barleans fish oil, l-glutamine and *occasionally* magnesium powder for it'd calming effects.