Notices

hope for my positive posts

Old 06-18-2015, 10:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hope for my positive posts

What if I never have a positive post? What if I can never list how better my life is sober? I am 4 days sober (again) and 4 days not allowing myself to see my alcoholic boyfriend. All I can do is hold back tears of pain and heartache. Why cant I ever feel good? I did run with my dog last night, and woke up without being hungover. But I'm still so sad. I am sober, but alone.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

One day at a time, my friend.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Four days is awful early in recovery. Give it time. In the meantime, think of the things you are grateful for, and post it here:

The Gratitude List - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 06-18-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

At four days I felt like **** it's going to get better just know that you just posted a positive post your doing really really well and im glad your here
Old 06-18-2015, 12:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi want to feel good, very unfortunate you feel sad and only, but its pretty common. A lot of people feel sad and lonely at times. you're not drinking, that's a positive right? My advice, listen to the wise folks here on SR. There are plenty of them.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are practicing self-care four days in a row! That is positive.

I'm alone too, but I'm not sad about it any more. Give it a little time, and I agree that a Gratitude list is priceless. That dog goes on the top of the list, I would think
Old 06-18-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

4 days is so early. Once the fog lifts you might find that what you thought you had isn't what it really is.

I'm over 5 months sober and, no, I'm not happy but I realize that one of the reasons is that I drank in place of dealing with my issues - now it's going to take me longer to dig out of this situation I'm in because I ignored my problems by drinking them away. I do realize now that I'd be no happier if I drank - I would just be numb and drunk - still not happy.

Hang in there - it takes time - you're doing great
Old 06-18-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

4 days is great, but it is early days. I was a mess the first couple of weeks. One of the hardest things for me and many alcoholics to learn, is patience. The changes you want to feel will not happen as quickly as you would like. But, you will find that it's worth the wait.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I agree with Carl. Practice gratitude every day. Be thankful for what you have, rather than upset over what you don't have.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Humanoid thing

Have you spoken with your boyfriend about you both trying a sober period together, then reward yourselves with a trip to the movies. Then you won't be alone and you'll be sober
Old 06-18-2015, 04:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Keep pushing though. You're doing great even though it doesn't feel like it. You are already inspiring other people who are on day 1, 2, and 3 right now.
Old 06-18-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

4 days sober was still hell for me..hang in there, stay sober - you will feel better and you will have positive posts - no doubt

D
Old 06-19-2015, 11:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It's still early days, years of drinking can't be repaired in a matter of days, it took me a longer period of time to heal emotionally and rebuild my life!!

Hang in there!! It gets better with time!!