Notices

Relapsed & devastated

Old 06-17-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Snoozy, I just hate that you are having a tough time right now. I was where you are last year.

I guess, you can look at your relapse a couple different ways... One is that you messed up already so why not continue to drink. That's the way I looked at it during my last relapse. Oh what a mistake! I don't remember the better part of an entire year. Too many unfounded arguments with my wife and kids, back to everything revolving around my drinking schedule 24/7, I progressed into drinking earlier and earlier in the day and at work too... I wasted an entire year!

The second way to look at it is you messed up, but you realize that now is the time to stand up for yourself. You deserve to get back on track today more than ever. We only have one shot at life, you deserve more than spending another day drinking it away. You know that nothing good will come of it, only pain and misery.

I really do envy your strength for making it 2 years. You know what you have to do. Get your strength and self confidence up and leave your AV with no option but to retreat... There is no other way. Make it happen today, you know you won't regret that decision.

You've got a lot of people in this community that care about you and are here when ever you need; me included.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Snoozy - I didn't mean to add to your anxiety by talking about my relapse. I was in no way ready to quit forever, or it wouldn't have taken me ages to get back on track. I wasn't happy being sober and had no support - I fell right back into my old ways without even trying to do the right thing. This will not happen to you! You came back to us and talked about what happened - I did nothing to help myself.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Oh no , dear Hevyn ,you certainly didn't add to my anxiety lovely. I just want you ALL to know that I absolutely have appreciated ALL of your heartfelt words & I know you want the best for me .

I have re read ALL of theses messages again this morning and with such support , how can I fail.

I just want you to know I have woken up with a new attitude this morning. And I can promise you all that I WILL beat this . I must get a hold of IT before IT gets me.

I'm not too far in yet to get out.

I can do this & it's people like all of you here that make this wonderful place work .
I can't thank you enough.

Alcoholics are truly wonderful people & we genuinely want to see each other win this battle.

Thank you dear friends , I'm going to do this with your help xxxxx

I am feeling VERY positive xx
Old 06-17-2015, 04:48 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

SnoozyQ, we still LUVYA!!
Old 06-17-2015, 06:21 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We're always going to be right there with you Snoozy.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

That's so good to hear Snoozy love ~ I never lost faith in you for a minute, and I'm just so glad that you found that faith in yourself once again.

You can do this love. And we are all right by your side.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

SnoozyQ, I know it's a horrible feeling, but the important thing is that you're honest and willing to try again!
Old 06-18-2015, 04:58 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Thanks to all of your wonderful supportive messages I have got through today.

I will get through tomorrow & then the next day. It's amazing how powerful words can be.

I could NOT have done this without your support.
Thanks

Minute by minute .....
Old 06-18-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I thank YOU SnoozyQ !!!

I'am on Day 11 and YOU and SR support has made it possible !...so I say, Thank YOU from the bottom of MY heart !

Post Often, Post a lot. Remember, you are not alone in this.

There is lotsa love from all of us to you Snoozy... I'am just the messenger !

DD
Old 06-18-2015, 12:01 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

heh. I've done minute by minute.

You've got this. It is so worth it. Well done, Snoozy.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Proud of you Snooz.
Old 06-18-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

Old 06-18-2015, 04:45 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
orangutan

Keep moving forward Snoozy. Sending strength your way.
Old 06-18-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I've done it minute by minute so many, many times. We're all here for you. ((Hugs))
Old 06-18-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Snoozy I know you want to be healthy & sober. I believe it is very strong of you to come back 'home' so quickly! That corny "we're all just human" is the truth. Whose to say that this isn't an opportunity for growth, not just for you but many folks?

Soooo many people love you and support you my friend, myself included.
Hugs & love,
Bobbi
Old 06-18-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

It happened to me after 5 years, so I understand what you are going through.

The important thing is to get back into the sober life style you had going for almost 2 years. Don't let this slip turn into an "on again, off again" battle with the bottle. That happened to me and it took me almost a year to get sober again. I've now hit the 5 year mark again, but I still remain vigilant. Alcohol is cunning, baffling, powerful and most of all, patient.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

Snoozy, I'm so glad that you got through today and that you are feeling better and more positive. Good for you!
Old 06-18-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Well done, snoozy..glad to hear you are feeling more positive. It's amazing how strong that addictive voice can be. I am rooting for you and want you to know that your post and what resulted (the thread) really helped me remember that I have to stay resolved. It's easy to think after a time that a few drinks wouldn't hurt, that you've earned it. Hearing your worries helped put a little healthy fear in me, so thank you. Stay strong, girl!!
Old 06-19-2015, 01:51 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

It's funny how we can know something intellectually but 'forget' it emotionally. Maybe it takes a stumble sometimes to remind us how much we need sobriety.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:03 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Snoozy:
Wow! What a terrific response you got on this website! SR is something wonderful the way folks rally round.
I haven't read through all the posts but merely want to add from my own experience, for what it's worth. I drank for about forty years off and on. Once I was sober for seven years and relapsed when I went to a social gathering after a stressful experience and thought I could have "just one" as a "reward" for coming through all that stress. What I had to learn is that if a relapse comes (and these unfortunately happen in long term recovery) the best thing to do is try to figure out why it happened. That time it was the "self congratulation" trap. Then there is the "lonely" trap, the "angry", "hungry", "tired" traps. In all these cases it was my AV, deep down in my brain, watching for an opening, like a tiger stalking her prey. Often, when I took a drink, it was as if my AV was saying softly, "See, nothing happened. You can control it if you have just one. Maybe just one little glass of wine." So maybe you can learn something from this. Try to figure out why it happened. And you don't have to go back to Ground One. You can resume just where you left off, better for the learning experience. And from now on, watch your back. As that great philosopher, Satchel Paige, used to say, "Somethin' may be gainin' on ya!"

W.