SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   The start of my journey! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/369571-start-my-journey.html)

mattovermind 06-14-2015 03:07 PM

The start of my journey!

Hi my name is Matt!

I started my sobriety 10 days ago and after about 50 times saying I'm going to do this in the past and failing after a few days I'm happy that this is where I succeed. Having constant family/financial issues on my mind Id always drink to take my mind off things. Id never enjoy id just drink my drink faster to get another until I was blackout drunk. Ive hit my problems head on and sorted out my finances and who doesn't have family issues? So what better time to drop the alcohol! To fill my evenings of non drinking I've hit the gym up and going to focus on getting my dream body! Ive created a new Instagram account to document my journey so if you're interested in following me id love to follow your journey as well @mattovermind

Thanks and looking forward to helping/getting help from all the strong minded people on here!

Over and out!

Hevyn 06-14-2015 03:18 PM

Welcome Matt - congratulations on your 10 days sober. :)

When I found SR it really eased my mind to share thoughts with people who understood how I felt. No one else in my life realized what I was going through. I'm so glad you found us. You're going to have a great new life.

PurpleKnight 06-14-2015 03:21 PM

Welcome to the Forum Matt!! :wave:

Saskia 06-14-2015 03:24 PM

Welcome Matt and congrats on 10 days! There is much good help to be found here :-)

tranquilseeker 06-14-2015 03:24 PM

congratulations man! I completed day 14 today and also started running to get in shape! keep it up.

Thepatman 06-14-2015 03:24 PM

Welcome to SR!

You got this ;-)

Sounds like you have a good plan. Careful not overdoing the workout thing. If like me, it's all or nothing with just about everything in my life. So for me, balance is key.

Rock on!

least 06-14-2015 03:47 PM

Welcome Matt! :) Congrats on ten days sober! :) That's a good start on a better life. I'm glad you joined us. :)

Anna 06-14-2015 03:51 PM

It sounds like you're making a good choice.

I'm glad you joined us.

DuhDave 06-14-2015 04:19 PM

Welcome Matt. We're glad you're here.

DD

Quirky 06-14-2015 04:34 PM

Welcome Matt!
You will find so much support here; it is really amazing.
You're doing great, so keep up the good work and read and post often.
SR really helps me, and it will help you as well. We are all on this journey together and knowing others in similar situations are there for you any time you need them is awesome...( can I say "BLOODY awesome?! ). ;-)
I know you can do this. All the best to you; stay strong.
Ring

Incontrol15 06-14-2015 04:38 PM

That is awesome. Absolutely taking control.
Go for it!!

Delilah1 06-14-2015 04:40 PM

Welcome to SR Matt and congratulations on 10 days!!!

Soberwolf 06-14-2015 04:49 PM

Welcome Matt

ClosetCinephile 06-14-2015 06:14 PM

Hey there Matt! Welcome to the forum. It's good to have you here. I'm on day 36 and I'm not a white chip wonder. Going to thy gym is a great idea, and is something I need to follow a bit more.

Alynn 06-14-2015 08:27 PM

Welcome Matt!