Notices

My brain is kinda freakin me out.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by alphaomega View Post
Thank you everyone for your insight. I have had general anxiety disorder my whole life - drank my whole life - was born addicted - and started binge drinking at 4 years old to prevent my mom from drinking. So this old gray matter of mine has seen some crazy times.

I know depersonalization from lifelong panic attacks. But this was different. It was like left was right, and right was wrong, and technicolor ruled the roost.

I have been hitting the sugar pretty hard, to stave off these darn relentless cravings. And my AD should be in full swing now. I wasn't scared just more like - huh. Would you look at that ? No panic. No detachment. Just hmmmmm.

It might behoove me to see a neurologist to see just how bad the damage is.

Or maybe, some things are better left unknown ?
You know for me, I needed just under year before my mind, and my brain finally settled down. I mean, I was really a hot mess when I detoxed. I'd hate to think where I would be now if I had sought medical advice for everything that was happening inside my skull in that first year of sobriety.

You seem to be more mindful of what is happening and not so much being victimized... so... I say just keep being mindful. If you actually decide to get your self checked out for what is going on, then be prepared to account for your lifetime history of alcohol and drug abuse, yeah?

*this is not medical advice, lol. However, just get on with being sober girl, and let things work themselves out. You don't need any more drama, yeah? And with that, let me say I have every confidence you are absolutely abnormal. Just like me, and so many others here at SR.

Congrats on your awesomely sustained sobriety (((Alpha)))