Notices

Shakin off a binge...

Old 06-13-2015, 01:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by FreeOwl View Post
While I've been know to pull a spoof more than once, my intention here was to illustrate the degree of similarity between my own behavior with addictive substances other than alcohol and drugs.

I wanted to clearly highlight how our patterns can still play out in other unhealthy wats and to shine a spotlight on the reminder that a sugar and caffeine binge can bring.
I know that your heart's in the right place, and you've given tremendous support here, but this kind of benign, emotional bait-and-switch is often disorienting, sometimes even disturbing, perhaps more so for those of us who've experienced such things under much more painful circumstances.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well, apologies to those of you whose have found this disturbing or offensive.

My experience has been that there are also people who find a little levity and a different take on things refreshing.

I too have had many painful experiences with binges of the type that are devastating in the context of addiction. To me, being able to be a little light hearted about these things has actually been helpful to my sobriety.

If it's not your bag, it wasn't intended to bring you harm.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Um Dia de Cada Vez

I have much fun reading those, so I searched for all non-drinking threads started by FreeOwl and made this list:

lately, been drinking a lot....

I just slammed a cocktail....

Woke up hammered....

Still drinkng like an addict...

Had an incredible craving.... Sitting in a bar....

Poured a huge tall glass and pounded it....

Looks like I'm getting hooked again....

Old 06-13-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Humanoid thing

I had to read the post a couple of times too. Maybe be aware of type 2 diabetes from weight gain.. you probs know this anyway ;-)

Definitely better than a booze binge and definitely better than my efforts to give up alcohol about ten years ago which saw me switch to class As instead!! Coffee would have been a far better option, everything is relative
Old 06-13-2015, 03:40 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Lol! That's great bliss!!

Now I'm sure I have well over 3,000 posts here. Out of that many, I'd say this small handful of light-hearted posts seems pretty reasonable.

Old 06-13-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hello. I wanted to give my two cents...for whatever its worth. When i first got sober i tried coffee and energy drinks. They made me feel good. Full of energy too. Then i stopped drinking them because i thought it was messing my skin up. Well last month I was up very late at a friends house and had to work in about 3 hours so i drank some coffee. Woot woot was thst the best work day i ever worked on barely any sleep. So anywayd i love me a nice cup of coffee...or two or 3. So what! I dont see why it is bad for me anyways. And sugar...pshhhhh...sugar gives our bodies energy. I have an addictive personality and thats just who i am. At the end of thr day the thing that will really F my life up is taking a drink or taking a drug. I want to live my life! Im going to have a damn cup of coffee if i want!