Blogs

Notices

Still drinking wine but I am slowly getting there

Old 06-13-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I feel very tired and anxious at the same time. Don't feel to do anything, no energy at all... Thanks for asking sva777. I have an apt with the psychiatrist at 5pm.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goldenwine For This Useful Post:
Delilah1 (06-13-2015), readerbaby71 (06-13-2015)
Old 06-13-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You can do this Golden!! You can make Sobriety happen!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PurpleKnight For This Useful Post:
Goldenwine (06-13-2015), Thepatman (06-13-2015)
Old 06-13-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

If you're doing it with the supervision of a doctor and follow the schedule, it can make quitting less painful. YOU CAN DO IT! As long as you're committed you can do anything.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to readerbaby71 For This Useful Post:
Delilah1 (06-13-2015), Goldenwine (06-13-2015), Thepatman (06-13-2015)
Old 06-13-2015, 01:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Golden, since you already ARE tapering, I say good luck and our thoughts are with you girl!!!

You are going to feel lethargic and anxious, even with the meds. Alcohol rules your system, and it's no fun whatsoever getting it out. Life's gonna suck for a little while, sweetie, I'm not gonna sugarcoat it.

But you will have a second chance at life. That's exactly how I feel! Almost two and a half years into my new sober life. And it's awesome. It started off really rough, don't get me wrong. But if you can get through withdrawals, and then recover, you will be greatly rewarded.

Can you get some help in place like aa, rational recovery, rehab, outpatient counseling, anything that will give you more support beyond the immediate? I've found in my case many times I've been so resolute about quitting and gone several days only to think "I must have not been THAT bad..." And gone back to drinking without support.

You can do this!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wehav2day For This Useful Post:
Delilah1 (06-13-2015), Goldenwine (06-13-2015), sva777 (06-13-2015)
Old 06-13-2015, 02:14 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Learning to live again

Hoping your appointment goes well Goldenwine. I had no energy & was totally exhausted when I first quit - but everything improved as I rejoined life.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hevyn For This Useful Post:
Goldenwine (06-13-2015)
Old 06-13-2015, 09:12 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

hi Goldenwine, I did successfully taper but as another member said, it takes discipline and an iron will, and even then there will be moments of being uncomfortable. I did it over the course of roughly a day and half. And of course, ultimately you will have to quit...completely. That is the goal correct? best of luck to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to thomas11 For This Useful Post:
Goldenwine (06-14-2015)
Old 06-14-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thepatman View Post
Tho I would not go and recommend tapering as a quit option, it worked for me.

It takes self discipline and an iron will. Quantity must decrease, and should not take too long. By this I mean not months, not weeks, but days.

But, I was desperate and decided that I had enough. My will to stop was stronger than my will to drink. That, in the end, no matter what you do, is what will make you stop.

Act like your life depends on it, because it does.
"A lot of will..." ? Because we all know us alcoholics are well known for our will power. This my opinion.... The way I see it...an alcoholic who gets a doctor to tell them to keep drinking (no matter the amount)...is music to his/her ears. Immediately....we have our ironclad and valid excuse....a prescription to drink. Talk about a justification. I will never understand anyone who tries to taper off of booze when they could simply go to the hospital and detox...WITHOUT alcohol as an administered medicine. Have you ever heard of someone with a broken arm walk into a doctors office and the doctor says "just keep hitting it, only, not as hard for a few days" ??
Old 06-14-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Erikst, this made me laugh: "A lot of will..." ? Because we all know us alcoholics are well known for our will power."

Isn't that the truth. I did successfully taper but I agree with you, its so much easier to just get drunk again. Somehow I did it, I guess out of desperation.

Medical detox if available is the way to go.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

How did the first day without wine go Goldenwine?