Notices

You have the Power Sober Weekender Thread June 11....

Old 06-11-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I'm in for the weekend. Nothing major planned: errands, grocery shopping, and cleaning house. So exciting, ha.

Next week will be crazy busy, so I think a relaxing but productive weekend is just what I am needing.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:24 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Hopping on this Sober Bus, with gratitude. Yes, ishallnotwant, wise words Weasel - wwW dot soberandpowerful dot com

AF, that crazy mom would have fit right in the city from where I just moved. While I do not verbally assault people, I did learn over the years to let my crazy hang out a bit more instead of keeping it all neatly packaged for myself. This proved beneficial during the various experiences in my last year of being sober.

When I first moved to my old neighborhood I ran to the local Walmart on a Friday evening for a much needed laundry thing. I slowly realized that I stuck out like a sore thumb as I walked past the hydraulically lifted and pumping cars and skirted hands-on-hips, staring and glaring eyes. In short order I learned that the only difference between the crazy around me versus within myself was that I was not sharing with others as much as others were with me - and sharing the crazy can be really fun as well as liberating.

After 10pm, my old part of the city became a psychological slumber party. I really miss going to my local pharmacy at night wearing pajamas and slippers, walking up and down the aisles and nodding hello to the other regulars.

Good times.

gettingsmarter, I shall write no bay-gon.

Let's do this sober thing! We've got it.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Gang ,
been an up and down time moving .
Sometimes it seems people love to pile the pressure on you at the most awkward moment, however much people try to upset my equilibrium maybe unintentionally they forget i've been to hell and back and for me there is no turning back .

Like bimini says to know whats mine to deal with and whats someone else's is a real useful sobriety tool .

My life is fine , my life is excellent, i can get up and move to the other end of the country , get a job , have a laugh and have nothing to worry about … life, stress and happiness it seems is an inside job .

I plunge onwards through life, all of this it seems is providence , none of us know for sure we will wake up tomorrow .

look after ourselves , look after business so it looks after me .

The next thing i want to do is to start putting some canvases together and get the brushes out .
This weekend I might buy some of those 500w halogen "site" lamps on stands as they give out the powerful light i want to play with , try and capture .

Catch ya later alligators ,

m
Old 06-11-2015, 10:36 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

FYI. I called shotgun early this morning from last thread. Count it!

It was +31 at least. Walked a couple miles it seems to catch a bus we rode for an hour plus to buy a vacuum cleaner. Then discovered the supposed discount someone thought he had was a big ant. Took trolley to center and walked around downtown - center - stopped in mall and had a snack. Walked around and found icencream by some fountains. Then took a bus back home but had to stop at "my favorite bakery". When I decline the firstnfewnsuggestions and said I didn't want anything, I decided to wait outside and take some pics. I didn't want to keep sayingno... anfight ensued because I said the items were no good for you.
Thennproceded to walk rest of way home instead of bus.
Gotta pack up and get ready to leave, order ancab for the morning and try to get some sleep. I finally had my day of being a tourist hear and it turned into an afternoon hunt for a vacuum cleaner. Took pics of things I took pics of 6 years ago.
Avoided all the places that served beer. I already had a pepsi...
KFC is everywhere here. Sad really.
Have a great sober weekend. My 24 hour trip starts in less than 12.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:40 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hello bus..window seat please
Old 06-11-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

In for the weekend!!
Old 06-11-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Sign me up ! I'am on !

DD
Old 06-11-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

what does "calling shotgun mean " ?
Old 06-11-2015, 11:06 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by louisiana View Post
You are the first one on the bus
Old 06-11-2015, 11:08 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Formerly Ringthedoorbell

I think shotgun means front seat
Old 06-11-2015, 11:22 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by louisiana View Post

When you take a ride in the car, don't you ever call "shotgun??"

LOL, it means you get to sit up front. I think back-in-the-day, it was for the stagecoach guys. The driver had a guy next to him with a shotgun, in case of thieves. They didn't really have 911 or an ability to lock the doors and speed away.

In this thread, it means you were first to post, or first to call "shotgun."

Welcome to the bus, louisiana
Old 06-11-2015, 11:30 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

LB, good luck on that long flight. Tomorrow at 5am I am jumping on a Cessna from the Panama border to San Jose, then flying to El Salvador and from there to Guatemala. Quick flights, so pretty painless. Vacation coming to an end.

But it's Thursday afternoon, that means it's time for Big Sombrero's Kritter Korner. Here we have a Mantled Howler Monkey and also a 3-toed sloth. Both were really, really high up in the trees and even when I switched to my high-powered lens I couldn't get good shots. But oh well.

Old 06-11-2015, 11:37 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Freaking awesome BigSKK!!!

Welcome louisiana and Ringthedoorbell!!! To SR and the weekender!!!

Join in and share how you are doing this weekend!
Old 06-11-2015, 11:42 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I am getting a lot of attention at work. This stuff I am doing is making a buzz. But I sent out an invite with a HUGE gramatical error. Ha the proof readers I passed it by never caught it. So I will own the mistake and have fun with it. Tell everyone it was a test and they ALL failed! Nothing to do but smile. Let people know I am human and they can certainly kid me if they choose. The VP will certainly catch it. He is a big jokster. Everyone knows I keep my desk just so at work. Back many years when we worked together he came by and taped a bunch of stuff to the desk. I was far less relaxed and much more uptight. But he still laughs from it.

One thing I learned long ago... It can be ok to be the butt of a joke... Just I as long as I am not ass. Wins people over every time and it becomes harmless fun.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:46 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

And watch out for the monkeys.... they bite.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Old 06-11-2015, 11:50 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post

One thing I learned long ago... It can be ok to be the butt of a joke... Just I as long as I am not ass. Wins people over every time and it becomes harmless fun.
I have found that to be true myself.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:03 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

^^ I agree.

Getting smarter- no B words or pics from me. That pizza looked pretty interesting though.

Bimini- are those Dolphins leaving to outer space ? I'm confused lol

BigS - your pics are beautiful

I have a class in an hour then off to visit some family. No plans yet for the weekend but I will get that in order soon. Have a good one !
Old 06-11-2015, 12:07 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Do your best

Riding roof its a beautiful day i have so much sorted out will have a lot more time for SR
Old 06-11-2015, 12:20 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lily123 View Post
^^ I agree.

Bimini- are those Dolphins leaving to outer space ? I'm confused lol
Oh, it's from the cult film/series, "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"?

Have you ever asked a question and had someone reply, "The answer is 42"?

It's a comedy sci-fi thing - but so bizarre that things like, "So long and Thanks for all the fish," have become popular memes and internet fodder. It had to be done by and for stoners.