Notices

You have the Power Sober Weekender Thread June 11....

Old 06-15-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Happy planting everyone!

Lunar....nice view! Looks like you're having fun!

Nons...glad your siblings weekend went well! We've never attempted one of those before but might be nice.

I've gotta take a bunch of stuff back to Target and Macys. I buy stuff without trying it on then have to return half of it! Blah!
Old 06-15-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Brynn, you have discipline. I'd never make it back to exchange things. Or will have lost the receipt. Good luck.

It is raining here. Still. And again. Least it's supposed to be less humid tomorrow. I suspect it's going to rain next Saturday, just in time for my daughter's bday party. Entertaining 7 little 7 year old girls inside. Ouch.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

I do that with online stuff, because I just can't bear the thought of going out to a store (amid the crowd, searching for a place to park a mile away).
Old 06-15-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Mission accomplished! Went straight in and didn't look around except at the bathing suits at Target. I keep the receipt in the bag so I'll know where it is.

Surprisingly I'm the opposite, Gilmer....I don't buy clothes online cuz I don't want to have to ship them back! Ha!

I'll keep my fingers crossed it does rain on party day, Ruby!

It's sunny and raining here right now! I love that!
Old 06-15-2015, 12:01 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

There is one online clothing store that I know fits me well, so I order from there exclusively. I am having a tougher time buying shoes, though. I'm on way out to return a pair now, because apparently my clodhoppers are bigger than what they call a size 9.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:10 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
There is one online clothing store that I know fits me well, so I order from there exclusively. I am having a tougher time buying shoes, though. I'm on way out to return a pair now, because apparently my clodhoppers are bigger than what they call a size 9.
Ha! What do they know? I'm sure your feet are a perfect size nine!!
Good luck!
Old 06-15-2015, 12:11 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Evening everyone.

Rather embarrassingly I have just had to return a small digital radio to the supermarket myself - I took the display unit which is identical but has no insides I am overtired.

Ordered an Indian takeaway, I hope I can stay awake long enough to eat it.

I enjoyed Le Mans but i'm glad to be eating without being surrounded by nice French wines. Routine definitely has something going for it.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Poor saoutchik. I hope you get some good sleep tonight. I hate that feeling of wandering around in a daze of too little rest. Routine isn't such a bad thing.

I'm biding my time before leaving work. Not going in to office today. Want to stop at bank for cash since I can't withdraw at an ATM now. And plan to buy shrimp for dinner as a treat for the little Misses birthday.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:37 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Happy birthday to little miss. I'm glad you are doing a birthday dinner for her. I don't understand why some people don't think it's important.
Sao...I totally relate to the need for routine. The best part of a trip for me is getting back home. I feel better with my day to day structure. The French wines may have been difficult for me.
well, I'm having a siesta and then it's back to work for me. Just started raining...actually it stopped already.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

'I feel better than James Brown' ~ Stan Ridgway

Stan, leader of 'Wall Of ******' when they had their Hit 'Mexican Radio', pretty much sums up how we're feeling. That's 'Vudoo', spelled correctly, BTW...

House Sale Mania goin' on right now. Offers on our City House have shot well past Asking Price. By several tens-of-thousands of Dollars. The 3 hour Open House last Saturday saw from 1 to 6 Parties in the place simultaneously. The initial Bid, of those even opened yet, is offering to top any other Offer by $1,200. No Inspection asked for [I already did one on my Nickel, just to not have any 'gotchas' sting the next Owner]. They'll make up a difference of $25,000 max over what the Bank will loan them. No conditions on the Appraisal. House accepted 'As Is', with Terms 'As Is'. And, the true Bidding War doesn't even start until later this week. We pick the top Offers tomorrow, and other Realtors are contacted to see what other motivated Buyers might throw down to get the Joint. Our Realtor's on Happy Overload.

He just got an e.mail that Criminal 'Rings' are stealing Prescription Drugs from Medicine Cabinets during Open Houses. Mebbe they got some really nasty Painkillers I didn't care about; left over from old Rotator Cuff Surgery. All the Jewelry and Valuables were gone and locked off-site. I assumed Rings were casing Joints, and prepped accordingly. According to the House Sales Website 'Zillow', our Joint and others are worth $6,000 more this month than last month. At least by whatever Metrics that Zillow uses to assess House Prices.

I've never Texted so much in my Life, and completed Documents, etc.. I simply can't imagine doing this back while Drinking. I'm doing some serious juggling of Priorities. Fixing House Guano for Open House. Market Research on my own. Explaining all the House Positioning/Strategizing to Da Wife. Moments that I was meant to be Sober for, and operating at top effectiveness during. Energizing.

In other News, I've cut over to using nothing but a major Credit Card. Due to big differences in Banking Law, thanks to Lobbyists, Bad Guys can clean out your Bank Account with Debit Card Access. One Gent had the $50k House Equity Line coupled to his Debit Card cleaned out. Completely. And, yes, he owed that Money back to the Bank, or lose your House. With Credit Cards, your Rights are totally different. You contest false Charges [which we had once] in writing within 30 days of the Credit Card Statement, and you're off the hook. Also, Credit Card usage for Gas, etc., lets Da Wife track my movements should I disappear while solo Camping.

Great stuff and achievements going on in this Thread. Very invigorating, even though I'm absorbed in another Zone right now.

A lil Humor, Maestro...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Bar Meme Joke.jpg (52.4 KB, 41 views)
Old 06-15-2015, 03:25 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

!@#$^%$#%$^&%$^*&^**&())

I get off work at the very moment to go get my driver's license renewed. They're closed on Monday. Fine. I'll go in early tomorrow so I can take a long lunch and go then. It starts sprinkles and splashes of raindrops. Stop at the store to pick up quesedilla supplies. Easy. Get to the apartment.

From the time I opened the truck door to the time I got to the tailgate is all it took for the bottom to drop out of the clouds. I mean monsoon quality downpour. Soaked in two seconds. Screw it. Gathered my packages with dignity and walked into the building. Back there in that little room where I go once a day and turn on the inside rain, I have towels. Elsewhere in the place, I have dry clothes.

Sheesh.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

BTW, Mesa: the brace on that bar is very Escher.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

wow Mesa, you certainly got it going with the house sale. Maybe you can sell mine when I'm ready. Unfortunately it's my only house so I need a place to go first...

Let's see. Didn't plant the flowers I bought. But I prepped the earth, put up a trellis and planted string beans, planted pumpkins (seeds), watermelon, cantaloupe, Japanese eggplant, and the four rhododendrons I picked up for half price. Went to city compost pile and sifted out 30 gallons of compost and mixed it in with dirt for rhodos, remulched - oh, and planted cucumbers.
Tomorrow is flowers day, I somehow have two varieties of sunflowers. Took a nice shower and made some nachos for a snack. Looks like no cooking tonight. Mrs ate while I was outside. We have lots of fruit. And ICE CREAM!

I realized as I was finishing up outside that I kept on task until completed with rhodos and recall that this would have been a case of beer kind a day when I was drinking. Water and vitamin water instead.
Put all the tools away before I came in for my shower. I'm using the mindset that it is a job and treat it as if I'm working for someone else. That motivates me to clean up after myself right away and not leave tools and stuff laying around. Something new to me...
Old 06-15-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Put all the tools away before I came in for my shower. I'm using the mindset that it is a job and treat it as if I'm working for someone else. That motivates me to clean up after myself right away and not leave tools and stuff laying around. Something new to me...
There's a lesson for me in there. I do tend to leave a few loose ends.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

LBrain, great job
Old 06-15-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Mesa, I figured you wouldn't have any trouble selling your house, lol Sounds like a bidding war about to start.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Major issues with my new (to me) SUV. We've fixed a few things and instead of three trouble codes, there's now only one showing up on the little computer. So, at least there's improvement. I have a feeling it's a big issue. And I bet we're about to spend some moo-la.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  
...holds the key

That sucks Jennie . Fingers crossed it's something minor.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I'm still giggling about the bar Mesa!
Old 06-15-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Bummer soberpotamus! That's disappointing.

Anyone know what the weather in Maryland is looking to be on Wednesday? Mr Ruby is headed that way.

Little Miss enjoyed her dinner. We sang happy bday and had cake afterwards. A nice day that honestly, I couldn't have pulled off while drinking