Notices

My words... they're soup.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My words... they're soup.

Hey, so I'm a little over a month sober and am noticing a sudden decline in my ability to spell properly again, now as a writer: this is a very irritating phenomena. I have been spending a lot of nights awake though: could this be a factor? During the day I'm now blah, while I seem to function slightly better in the dark of night.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Ipaid

I found I made a lot of mistakes I never used to - particularly upsetting as I was a proofreader - but I also had other brain related issues from my last detox.

I'm pretty much back to where I was before that last detox now

Never fear - and have patience

D
Old 06-09-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Could be. It does take time to feel like one is firing on all cylinders--at least that was my experience. Sort of felt like I went a bit backward before making a giant leap forward. Funny enough, a PhD is what made my spelling decline: too much reading of ancient languages. There is a great cartoon where a professor says to a student if you can read a text, you can read Chaucer!
Old 06-09-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you: you people always manage to give me hope and I'm very thankful for it I just hate feeling so duh all the time, especially since I used to rely on my brain so much, but I still hope it gets better and my head's slowly rewiring. Though, I do have a lot of anxiety: like I seem to have less feeling in my head, since that last drinking session
Old 06-09-2015, 06:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It took me between four to six months, I think, to start functioning properly. It takes time to heal. We spent a lot of time doing damage, now we've got to allow time to heal. It will get better.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It took me a few months to feel part of the human race again. We've damaged ourselves badly - you're still healing. You're doing great ipaid.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Of course, there is lots of hope that this will change.

Try to not put too much pressure on yourself.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks: in more positive news though( at least to me personally.): I cleaned my room last week, in order to make space for the placing of my new fanceey leather chair and I threw out my bean bag( where I used to hide bottles.), punching bag( where I hid cans.) and boxes of comics( where I hid plastic packages of sixpacks.)

Now that I have less resources to hide these, I'm hoping it'll motivate me to stay quit.