Notices

cringing about now

Old 06-09-2015, 04:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

cringing about now

A friend of mine sent me a video of me and a few friends last year partying out in the hamptons.It was a rough 2 days couldn't make the third,anyway I look like a mental patient staggering around being a social butterfly but looking at the expressions from people I was talking at was rough to watch.....I was the village idiot......reminder # 1000....the more distance the better
Old 06-09-2015, 04:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I always thought I was being the life of the party. Little did I know. Ouch. Hang in there. Make better memories now.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by exwell66 View Post
A friend of mine sent me a video of me and a few friends last year partying out in the hamptons.It was a rough 2 days couldn't make the third,anyway I look like a mental patient staggering around being a social butterfly but looking at the expressions from people I was talking at was rough to watch.....I was the village idiot......reminder # 1000....the more distance the better
Hey Exwell,
That was then, and now is now. It is over, and reminders are good for motivation!

My neighbors had a party the other night and I watched and listened (couldn't help it!) and was amazed at how loud they were. They all seemed to be screaming and roaring laughter. No one seemed to be listening to anyone else. They were all talking over each other, just a bit louder than the other person. Jokes that were not funny.
I was so glad to be sober at that moment!
Old 06-10-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh, I can relate to that shame, and newpage119 is right... motivation!
Old 06-10-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

You never have to be like that again. That's the good news.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

watching myself in action really hits home.You cam hear about what you did but to see it is a bit different.I know there is another video out there I saw it last year ,same weekend very embarrassing and don't want anyone else to see it.On a positive note had dinner in an irish pub in queens,nice place 97 years old and our waitress just got here from Dublin 2 days ago very nice.I was not testing myself as far as I know but didn't have the urge to drink my good voice is winning,,,keep on thinking and then what...fn hangover ,,,,no thanks
Old 06-10-2015, 08:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've been there
Old 06-10-2015, 08:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Perhaps staying clear of pubs in general would be a good idea?
Old 06-10-2015, 09:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

was a pub/restaurant...If I cant go into a place in manhattan queens that sells liquor than I would be stuck with hotdog trucks or fast food joints...that isn't happening.The reality is its all around us you are going to do what you are going to do,I have realized I don't want to fool myself anymore anyplace becausr wherever you go there you are...right?