Notices

Sometimes life just SUCKS! :-(

Old 06-09-2015, 01:45 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I'm sorry about your furbaby, Serenidad. Our pets become members of the family. But loss is part of life, and I'm sure you gave your beloved pooch all the love a dog could ever want.

Drinking won't help anything but you already know that. You can get back on track!
Old 06-09-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by bemyself View Post
Whoops, sorry S, I mixed up MIR's story about her golden retriever with yours. What kind of dog was yours?
FYI I'm a he not a her but don't feel bad i thought Dee was a her for 1.5 years
Old 06-09-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I thought Dee was a her as well 😂
Loads of people on here think I am redman not RedManc - a bit of confusion always helps.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:51 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Having been through it a few times I know that losing a dog is heart breaking; try to remember the joy the s/he brought to you and your family.

I can empathize with both your feelings about the loss of your dog and the disappointment of your daughter. For the latter, hopefully there are alternatives to that team that she can join and improve her skills. Use this as a teaching moment and encourage her to pursue those options.

Regarding your finances, take the time to really get a handle on what's coming in and what you're spending $ on. Doing so is the foundation of putting together a solid budget.

Lastly, regarding the metaphor about not even being able to get out of your car to climb Mt. Everest, don't worry about the summit. Take that first step; in other words do something positive, however small. When that's done, feel good about your accomplishment, and do something else. Point being you want to build positive momentum and in time those small steps will add up to something big.

Kudos for not drinking during these stressful times and I wish you well.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:07 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Yeah that snippet about the mountain reminds me of a wonderful Joe Walsh song - One Day At A Time
"Well I finally got around to admit that I might have a problem.
But I thought it was just too damn big of a mountain to climb.
Well I got down on my knees and said 'Hey!' 'I just cant go on livin' this way!'
https://youtu.be/xlfCyHbLdpI
Old 06-09-2015, 10:10 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Dee, you're just too sensitive.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

So far so good today. I stayed busy helping my daughter clean her room and then exercised with one of my other kids. Baby steps. I HAVE had drinking thoughts but I just tell them to SHUT THE F UP! Not today!!! Not today....

As far as screen names...I actually don't like mine anymore. It means Serenity in Spanish. I am not spanish. I took Spanish in High School and sucked at it. Haha. I just really want to feel Serenity some day while I am on this earth!

I am a female. Some people used to think I was a man because it was SereniDAD. Haha.

I miss my doggie. :-(
Old 06-17-2015, 07:01 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
kgr

It's comforting to hear so many people are going through such similar situations, just in our own way. I'm praying you you be able to handle your grief while staying sober - you've got this!!
Old 06-18-2015, 02:13 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I'm sure your dog new it was loved Serenidad

You always strike me as a seriously good person. As long as you're not drinking i'm sure your life will improve