Notices

Romancing the purchase ???

Old 06-08-2015, 04:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
My brain is trying to kill me

Sure, it's true... until we get to the bottom, and know it. And we know there's no further down to go, the romance is long gone, and we begin to search for a way back up, a way out.
That's the more memorable aspect, when I was so addicted I had no choice, I needed that store and the booze as much as air and water, and more than family or friends.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
zjw

I even wondered if the old dealer missed me. oh yeah does he ver think what happened to that guy? one day i was out for a run he was by the baseball field watching his kids play i guess he didnt even recognize me. So whatever i'm not missed meh no love lost it cured me of that concern.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I have definitely had something similar, livingnow, when I've stopped at the specialty beer stores in my area. I've looked over the hundreds of microbrews, have read the labels, and made what I felt was a smart and sophisticated choice. Then got wasted. Going forward, that illusion of new experience is something I'll have to guard myself against.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TroyW View Post
I don't know, but for me it was always the opposite. More of am embarrassed / ashamed feeling that I tried to get over as quick as possible. Even though I did rotate between all the shops close by that sell alcohol, all the cashiers still knew me. It was always kind of, "here's the white guy again, here to get another bottle".

For a while at the previous house, I even had one store down the street that would deliver to me. Just send a quick SMS, and 5 mins later a guy would show up on his bike with my "regular". Saved me from actually having to go outside, and have everyone see.

Man, how horrible...
Troy, I always felt the same way. I would buy six bottles of wine and use the 30% savings when you buy six as my reasoning, and felt the need to share that with the cashiers. Sadly, those trips were made far too frequently. My checking account should start to look better each day!