Notices

Need feedback

Old 06-08-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
Its an opportunity to lighten your burden, is my take on things as you have presented with respect to your family. Every once in awhile, over a span of decades, my parents would leave a message if there was no contact over several months. Sometimes I would respond, other times I did not. When I did respond I already knew that nothing had or would change between us. Not expecting something else than what was actually given to me freed me to give in ways that otherwise I wouldn't have done so because I would want the same in return. As I said in other posts, my emotional expectations did me more harm than did their lack of emotional warmth.
I love this Rob!

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
I'm not saying you should or shouldn't respond, ArtFriend. I am saying if you see an opportunity to give in a way which brings self-respect and redemption of your faith in yourself, than follow your heart, and let your head work out whatever details must be endured to ensure your own peace with yourself.

You are important enough to yourself to be authentically bothered by what is happening. That in itself is a huge and wonderful achievement!! Seriously. So yeah, do follow through on making the best out of the impossible situations so often created within dysfunctional families, whatever way you best see yourself moving forward. Sorry for your pains, my friend.
Thank you - you are right. This is an impossible situation really. But I will try to work on my own peace of mind and come to some resolution about this.