Notices

The True Horrors of the DT's

Old 06-07-2015, 11:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The True Horrors of the DT's

I was going to describe the hellish experiences of the DT's I just went through, some truly nightmarish stuff--I don't think Stephen King could make this up--but the post I just wrote(a fairly lengthy one that took nearly two hours to write with my trembling fingers stabbing at the keyboard) would not go through for technical reasons. I'll tell you all about them if anyone's interested (if this post even goes through). I wanted to share to discourage folks from drinking. But some was so scary and vivid it might seem like I'm being negative, and I don't want that. God bless...
Old 06-07-2015, 11:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to the site BC76. Sorry you lost your post, that has happened to me too. Now I copy every long post before hitting "Post Reply." Sometimes this site logs me off for no reason whatsoever and sometimes it keeps me logged in even though I turn off my computer .

I wrote a lot of my experiences in a journal in OneNote on my PC. It was good to get it out.

So, you have gotten it out - even though it didn't make it to the forums.

You're safe now - as long as you don't go back to drinking, you won't go through that again.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I understand how painful, and sometimes traumatizing withdrawal can be.
What's important, is that we made it and that we never forget what one drink will lead to.

Lastly, we should have a minute of silence for the many that lost the battle to the bottle.
Detox is serious business.

Glad you are hanging on. Stay positive and things will get better after the storm.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad you made it!
Old 06-07-2015, 11:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Fantastic news is that you never have to go through it again
Old 06-07-2015, 12:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad you made it. I wonder how many didn't live to post about it.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Bradley!!
Old 06-07-2015, 01:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome BC!

I am sorry that you had to go through them. I know how scary they can be. I went through it in October and I still can freak myself out if I let my mind wander there for too long. The good news is you're done with them as long as you don't drink again.

I don't mean to stress you out, but after detoxing that hard finding out about alcoholic kindling really solidified in my mind why I would never drink again. Also, reading about PAWs helped me understand what my mind was going through over the following months.

I know it might seem like you have a lot ahead of you, and you do, but I know for a fact that you can do this.

I am glad you decide write about it(even if it didn't go through) and I am glad you are here. This place really helped me find my way when I had no clue what I was doing.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you got through the detox and you know that you don't have to do it again. I'm sorry you lost your post, but it's good that you reached out for support.