SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Request for good thoughts and prayers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/369024-request-good-thoughts-prayers.html)

Aellyce 06-06-2015 04:16 PM

Request for good thoughts and prayers

Hi Friends.

Now is my time for this. Just got off the phone literally 2 mins ago with a hospital in Europe, that my father suffered a stroke today and is in a critical condition.

This is totally unreal for me... 10 mins ago I was thinking about how to wrap up my current work stint here in Singapore. After an interesting promise from my ex-gf a couple days ago that she would visit me here this weekend before I fly back to the US, and then canceling it referring to the recent earthquake in Malaysia. Then a student who promised to work in one of our projects this summer, canceling it. I did not have a min of sleep last night and it's early morning here. And then the phone call from Europe...

I've never asked for sympathy like this before here, but I would like to now... Am trying to arrange changing my flights so that I can stop again in Europe and see my father. Hopefully.

Thanks for listening.

Hevyn 06-06-2015 04:20 PM

Prayers going up for you dear Haennie - and for your father. May God stand next to you as you face this. Please let us know what happens. :hug:

Verte 06-06-2015 04:23 PM

Dear Haennie, many good thoughts and prayers for you and your father. Remember to keep breathing. :hug:

Dee74 06-06-2015 04:28 PM

All my prayers go out to your Dad and you Haennie :hug:
I hope you can feel the SR love here from all your friends.

D

EndGameNYC 06-06-2015 04:31 PM

I'm very sorry about your father's condition, haennie. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Venecia 06-06-2015 04:34 PM

Oh, Haennie. Big hugs to you.

You are a wise, compassionate friend here. I join others in sending you and your father kind thoughts and prayers.

You're a good daughter, my friend.

airwick 06-06-2015 04:40 PM

I send out my prayers to you and your father.

CaseyW 06-06-2015 04:47 PM

Praying for you and your father. Have a safe trip. You already know you've got a great support system here at SR if you need it.

neferkamichael 06-06-2015 04:55 PM

Haennie, prayin for your dad. :egypt:
http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/s...uneg/Rose_.jpg

Aellyce 06-06-2015 05:23 PM

Thanks so much, my dear friends

Dee, I do feel the SR love... more deeply than I ever could in early sobriety last year. Does that mean something?

This happened suddenly, but I should say it happened at the easiest time possible for me regarding the past few weeks. Even though emotionally... the last week or so for me was though, as though I sensed something very bad was going to happen... Anxiety all day and night, insomnia, etc... I never believed in omens or premonitions, but I did feel very weird during the last week, often in ways I did not know what to do with it.

So fortunately I'm good to go work-wise. And just booked a flight that will take off in ~3 hours. Only one transfer, and I should land in my home city very early tomorrow morning. I called the hospital and they let me see my dad in the morning tomorrow. I really hope there won't be any problems with the flights, but given that I am flying from Singapore to a big city in Europe, there should be options regardless.

My dear friends... so good to have the practical stuff arranged for the coming day. I'm supposed to be exhausted, but I am not. Will continue to pack, take a shower, and then head to the airport.

Thanks so very much again for all the immediate loving support... I did not tell all this anyone else yet in my private circuit. I think there is a reason why I told you guys first :grouphug:

Impurrfect 06-06-2015 05:24 PM

haennie - Sending prayers, hugs and love to you and your dad. We can't all be there, physicially, but we are all definitely with you in spirit.

Amy

2muchpain 06-06-2015 05:29 PM

Sending you prayers and good vibs. All the best. John

Thepatman 06-06-2015 05:31 PM

Prayers your way and your father as well.

biminiblue 06-06-2015 05:45 PM

Prayers for you and your dad, haennie. We will be with you. :hug:

ScottFromWI 06-06-2015 05:48 PM

My thoughts to you and yours for a safe trip and the best possible outcome.

Joe Nerv 06-06-2015 05:49 PM

You and your family have my prayers.

DuhDave 06-06-2015 05:51 PM

Prayer's up for you and your Father.

DD

thomas11 06-06-2015 05:58 PM

My prayers are with you haennie. God bless. SR family will always be there for you.

jazzfish 06-06-2015 05:59 PM

Prayers and thoughts for you and your father. I know how excruciating those flight can be when something urgent lays at the other end. All the best.

Anna 06-06-2015 06:10 PM

Haennie, I am very sorry you're going through this. My thoughts and prayers are withy you and your father and that he will recover well from the stroke.