Notices

Interesting article

Old 06-06-2015, 06:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Interesting article

Study shows that bad lifestyle choices can be passed to offspring because DNA has been altered.
Poor lifestyle choices can be passed onto future generations through DNA - ScienceAlert
Old 06-06-2015, 07:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi KDBnSLC

I followed the link and I followed the link to the link. The original study seems to suggest that a small part of our DNA is altered whereas culturally there is a much larger influence. I don't think my DNA will cause either of my two daughters to drink
Old 06-06-2015, 01:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Interesting article. To me, it just makes sense that DNA will evolve just like anything else would. There's hundreds of examples of how animals evolve over time , due to environmental changes. An animal that was used to living in a tropical rainforest for example, will adapt when that rainforest turns into a desert. Over generations, the offspring will then carry the altered DNA so that it can survive in the new environment. Happens all the time. Humans have had to adapt to many changes, social, environmental, cultural, etc. If those changes didn't affect our DNA, mankind or womenkind would be in serious trouble. I would think addictions over time, would be included in any changes in DNA since it affects all the other changes that I stated earlier. Makes sense to me, but who knows. John
Old 06-06-2015, 01:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think they have theories about a lot of things. Spend lot's of money on studies.

But I fail to see results. Where is our cancer cure if they know so much about DNA?

Just saying that I see a lot of wasted money that could be used to feed Africa's poorest, or stop genocides, etc etc.