Notices

Mood Swings

Old 06-05-2015, 05:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mood Swings

Hey all! At 6 and a half weeks and pretty happy with how things are going in general, but recently I've been getting mood swings... Like singing along with the car radio (on my own) and thinking how good life is sober at one moment and a couple of hours later listless, negative and depressed with no energy. Maybe it's just me or could this be part of the recovery cycle? Anyone else getting this?
Old 06-05-2015, 06:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Mood swings are very common for the first 90 days (on average - your mileage may vary). I was all over the dang place!

Congrats on 6.5 weeks!
Old 06-05-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mood swings are very common in early times; it can be a rollercoaster ride for a while. things will even out, in time; how much time seems to vary for everyone.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Very common Amp - it's like our emotions were bottled up for so long and now the dam walls have broken...

it won't last forever tho...you'll find your 'emotional water level' again

D
Old 06-05-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
zjw

pretty normal. at 4 years i can still be a moody little b**** at times. I'm ok if i know my reason for it. but sometimes it just comes out of nowhere. Depending on the mood its good if you can catch if fast and try to change the course of the ship sooner rather then later. it can be really hard to change course but usually once you start you feel better. getting started is the hard part its someitmes easier to get lost in our own funk or just wallow in it.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hear what you're saying about identifying it zjw. I feel a lot better just having externalized what's been happening here and finding out that this is "normal". Another thing to keep in check then!!! Hahaha
Old 06-05-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Mood swings grab a partner and dance around the floor. oh man Mood Swings.. yep.. and the tears are good a Doctor Told me it washes junk out of your system.. so have them all. and prayers kiddo hugs and scream this way .. that is way we are all here. ardy
Old 06-05-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
pretty normal. at 4 years i can still be a moody little b**** at times.
Yes, some of us it seems are going to be dealing with this issue for a long time, possibly a lifetime. But, the good news is that this short falling, I have noticed to be greatly improved since not drinking.

MM