Notices

Dont Know Where 2 Turn?

Old 08-26-2004, 11:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Dont Know Where 2 Turn?

Not sure where to turn....or if i even belong here. I've been looking for work for 2 years now, after quitting a job I was at for 14 years and loved....at the same time, i quit a relationship of 4 years.......now, nothing is right. I'm turning 40 soon.....in a relationship now that may not be right for me, but i'm in it for now.....feeling extremely low, hopeless, wasting time and my life, do i belong in my town where i have no true friends, not sure i belong, etc....my mom is recovering alcholic and now i fear my pain will cause that path for me.....without work and love, what is there? no? am i nuts? Feel like i'm losing it big time and no idea what to do anymore. Tired of the pain.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Hurting,

I'm sorry for your pain, it sounds like a low-point in your life. You are more than welcome to hang out here. It sounds like you feel like you're losing control of your life and many of us who come to SR are in just that position. We're trying to regain control of our lives.

There is also a forum here for Adult Children of Alcoholics, if you might be interested. Just a question, have you wondered whether or not you are depressed? Maybe your dr could help you with that.

So look around and get to know us.

Love, Anna
Old 08-26-2004, 11:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

I would also like to say hi and welcome to SR. This is a great place for friendship and support, no matter why/how you are here.

I agree with Anna, hop on over to the ACOA board, there is some great reading and people there.

And also, yes, there is more to life, there is you. You were put here on this earth for a reason. For me understanding that I am okay with me was a huge thing. I am not my job, I am not the person I am with, I am a unique individual. We are all special people and we all should learn to love ourselves first.

I hope you stick around and we get to know each other better.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Castaway

Hello Hurting...it hurts me to even call you that. Like Anna and Paulie said...you've come to a good place with excellent people who can help you step out of your pain for a minute and look at it objectively. Even if posting relieves you for a few minutes...it's worth it. Don't turn to alcohol to ease your pain. I wish you had someone trustworthy to lean on even for just a little while. In the meantime, post here and we'll lend you whatever support we can.
Hugs, Sandy
Old 08-26-2004, 12:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Gold Member

(((((((((((((((huggys))))))))))))) and welcome to SR. You got some real good advice,so I'll just say welome again!!!
Old 08-26-2004, 06:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Welcome to SR . You have found a great place for help and support . I am sorry for your loss and wish I had a shortcut to share with you on how to get thru it , I can tell you I did try drinking to ease my pain in the past only to have it made more intense .The only thing thats worked for me is time and the love and support of my friends .Prayers to you Trish
Old 08-26-2004, 06:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

Hey there, Hurting--Welcome to SR. I am sorry you are having such a bad time. Have you thought about therapy? There are a lot of places you can go where they will treat you for free or based on your income. I would also like to echo what Paulie said: You are here for a reason, and you WILL get through this.

Hang in there!!!
Old 08-26-2004, 09:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((((((HurtingBigTime))))))))
my mom is recovering alcholic and now i fear my pain will cause that path for me.....without work and love, what is there?
Are you already experiencing some problems with alcohol yourself? Feel free to Private Message me if you wish.

Three Legs
Old 08-27-2004, 07:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

wow....thanks for the welcome and kind words....i hope i can help as well as receive help......i feel useless as it is now.....hate this
Old 08-27-2004, 07:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hurting....hurting.... Is it okay if I call you BigTime in stead of Hurting? Big Time has a nicer ring to it. lol

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. You are absolutley in the right place and we're happy to have you. You might want to check out the Adult Children of Alcoholics forum. (here's a link: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...splay.php?f=50 )

My mom is an alcoholic too. Seems there are a lot more of us than I ever thought.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome,reading your post,brought back many memories to me.Those questions,do i belong?Is this all there is??Questions about my life and where it was heading.It was painful.,because i saw,this a negitive,experience,for me.But little did i know that,going through this time,was a new beginning for me.I started to journel,all my thoughts and feelings.And share with others.I made changes,in my life.And going through this process ,was what helped me,to grow,.Keep on,keeping on.The best is yet to be.....Now im not sure if im in the right town either.I moved,here..Ive heard it said,often,grow where your planted...
Thanks for letting me share,
Hope to hear more about you,and how you are doing...
Old 08-27-2004, 10:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi....
Sorry to hear that you are hurting, but gald you found this site.
Welcome, come on in and hang around, read the posts and find ways to feel better.