Notices

Stay Sober This Weekend June 4th Until.....

Old 06-05-2015, 05:50 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Listening to Tsonga/Warenka on headphones. Good match
Old 06-05-2015, 05:58 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

I am in shock! During the low carb craze, I used a product called Dreamfield's Pasta. It claimed to be low carb, but it wasn't. So, there was a class-action lawsuit against the company and I opted to be part of it. Normally in these lawsuits there are so many people involved that you end up getting a maybe a couple bucks. I got 2 checks yesterday (don't know why 2) - one for 28.00 and the other for 35.00. Whoo-hoo! I am rollin in the dough! Not the pasta!
Old 06-05-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ArtFriend View Post
I am in shock! During the low carb craze, I used a product called Dreamfield's Pasta. It claimed to be low carb, but it wasn't. So, there was a class-action lawsuit against the company and I opted to be part of it. Normally in these lawsuits there are so many people involved that you end up getting a maybe a couple bucks. I got 2 checks yesterday (don't know why 2) - one for 28.00 and the other for 35.00. Whoo-hoo! I am rollin in the dough! Not the pasta!
"Whoo-hoo! I am rollin in the dough! Not the pasta!" Thank you for the morning "belly" laugh.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:32 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone!
Let the weekend begin! Well, after work, that is.
someone mentioned hotdogs and I may put a barbecue on my plan for the weekend.
I LOVE SUMMER!
Old 06-05-2015, 06:32 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post

Behan, I am at home over this weekend but on Monday I am off to watch the 24 hour at Le Mans with some buddies. We play a bit of golf over there too

It's something I have gone to for 20 years now - it used to be a 5 day long booze up but these days we are a bit more "pipe and slippers" types. Plenty of nice food and other distractions ( I am not the only teetotaler either)

I am still concerned but I also think it's something I need to do.
Check in with us when you need, it might be challenging. I have yet to do a boys trip away anywhere. For me, they have always been booze filled trips, regardless of activity: scuba diving, sailing, and stag weekends. I decided to avoid them for the foreseeable future. It's good that you have other teetotalers there also.

B
Old 06-05-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

love this have to share again. beep beep I am in the middle by a window please... Happiness is a muscle. We create our own worlds through our thoughts. Lock your AV up in a box. Plug those air holes. Step on the bus. And don't look back.

*Ring Ring* goes the sober bell of freedom!!!

Can you hear it! I can!

Welcome to your sober weekend!
Old 06-05-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happyandfree View Post
Good morning eveyone!
Let the weekend begin! Well, after work, that is.
someone mentioned hotdogs and I may put a barbecue on my plan for the weekend.
I LOVE SUMMER!
Enjoy HandF!! When I move into my new pad next weekend, my first purchase will be a a barbecue!!! Well, after essential furniture like a bed and sofa of course. I can't wait to cook outside when the weather permits, something that gardenless apartment living has deprived me of the last few years!!!
Old 06-05-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Sao, ditto what Behan said. Check in early and often. When I have extended time off I find myself needing extra support.

I'm going to try to get my resume, that's CV to everyone else, done this weekend. If I don't finish, there will always be other openings for transfer. People are always leaving. Mostly for more money. I'm grateful that I don't need to do that. But it also makes me feel more under the microscope. I've been around so long that I remember when we actually got generous pay increases which bumped me ahead. I wasn't always a pathetic wretch. And I'm not now.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Hi Kids and Beans our neighborhood live rounds everynight.. body bag on a reg basis.. so this is the change everyone had to have to live a different life in America.. prayers to all. stay Frosty be safe and watch look and listen all the time. love ardy

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
I'm having a pretty awful day

Gunfire today in a store. I was already in the parking lot close to my car, thankfully. Same store where I witnessed an argument and gunfire two weeks ago. It is so surreal. This is not a violent town. I have never before witnessed gunfire in close range like this... and then suddenly, back to back, days apart.

On top of that, I have PMS which is making me sad and distraught. I nearly cried over a bird today. It was in the ceiling, on the rafters, trying to escape through a sunlight.

Then, I nearly cried when I saw this elderly couple walking together.

Wtf??

I've had better days.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Speaking of hotdogs. Has to be all beef with grilled onions, raw onions, sauerkraut and spicy brown mustard!

Now I want one. Thanks a lot.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Glad to see everyone on board this Friday morning! Let's keep the sober bus rolling along. Stay here to get past those cravings and focus on the BIG PICTURE! Do not let short-term gratification get in the way of your long-term goals.

Off to the beach.

Old 06-05-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

and Potatoe salad I make a great tater salad.. yumm.. oh heck 9:10am and I want some with baked beans who does great bean here.. yummmmm
Old 06-05-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ardy View Post
and Potatoe salad I make a great tater salad.. yumm.. oh heck 9:10am and I want some with baked beans who does great bean here.. yummmmm
MmmmmMmmm. Brown sugar and secret spices.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good morning y'all!

Already talking about lunch food and I still haven't had breakfast! I've never lined breakfast foods anyway unless it was donuts

BigS....that beach looks like the perfect place to spend the day!
Old 06-05-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Hey Gang!

Gilmer ~ Kewlio story on visiting the Greenbrier Bunker! College Dorm Homies across the Hall were from well-connected Political Families. One told me of his Politico Dad being on that List; the 'Forunate Ones' - to cite a John Fogerty Lyric - to be evacuated from Washington D.C. when Nukes were detected coming at us from over the North Pole. His Dad was to go to a pre-assigned Evacuation Point. 'Copters were to zip them off to then-Top Secret Greenbrier Bunker. As he told the tale, the top of this Mountain there opened up - Clamshell-like Doors? - and the Copters descended right down onto a hidden Landing Pad. Later, when I read of the Greenbrier, I realized this wasn't all BS. ~200 or so of these Fortunate Ones would run the Government while underground for a year, and then emerge to post-Holocaust 'Mad Max World'. Our Tax Dollars at work, eh? Theme Music linked below...

- The Greenbrier Bunker -

A few Folks have 'The Vision', and have converted decommissioned old Minuteman Missle Silos out on the Colorado Plains to Homes. Readily visible Sites on Google Earth Satellite views.

Speaking of the Colorado Plains, they got hammered last night with Hail and a few Tornadoes. This ain't Kansas, Toto. Denver and surrounds caught it, too. See below. 2' of Hail in some areas that necessitated Snowplows to clear it all. I had just flopped into Bed when I heard that sound of Hail hammering my still-new Truck outside. I knew this Pea-sized Hail wouldn't dent it. Marble-sized Hail remodeled an SUV I had prior, and there ain't much to be done about it.

A Home Inspection on my Nickel starts in ~30 minutes. This kinda-unconventional move lets the Buyers know what they're bidding on, and I'll know what 'hidden' stuff I need to address pronto. A Video Company comes through next Monday to provide a Virtual Tour on line. Sign in the Yard, per my Marketing Scheme, next Wednesday saying 'Available Soon'. Showings scheduled on line start the Weekend after this while we escape for 3 days to the solitude of our Mountain House in order to be out of the way. These Showings can be reviewed via Texts to me so that we can watch Traffic/interest levels. House Sales in the Modern Age!

I've only Speed Read all the neat Guano goin' on here. Will have to Ketchup later...

- 'We Don't Need Another Hero' - Tina Turner
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Hail.JPG (48.0 KB, 44 views)
Old 06-05-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

I parked next to a car yesterday and today at the lot at work that is all dimpled like that. Figured it was hail damage. We've not had a big hail for a while.

Slow Going on resume. I'm a woman of words but just putting them down in official form is painful.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Good morning, y'all

Olive, I love the monochrome look, and a black & white combo is chic. I wish I could go around in all black but my skin tone is kind of pale for it. I recently tried some black & white outfits and I think I pulled it off. Anyway, sometimes I just really don't give a rip about the whole skin tone rules thing, lol.

Ken, good morning ahole?? Lmao. What a greeting. You aren't an ahole, but I think he might have been!

I got my plants all soaked down this morning. The tomatoes were looking wilted. Then I trampled two of my plants with my gigantic water hose They are fine, but I was upset for a minute. They are resilient

I got an email this morning about another work opportunity. Fingers crossed. I don't wanna blow this one

We're probably going to be getting an older SUV this weekend. Looking at a Honda and a Mazda. We need one for carrying the kayaks and the dogs, oh, and the groceries. The car just doesn't cut it anymore. Our doggie kids need better transportation

On my last cup of coffee. And then it's work, work, work for the rest of my day.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:46 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Your post made me laugh ArtFriend.

Get them cheques paid in quick - if they can lie about calories they can write dodgy cheques

Stay safe Ardy

Hope you are feeling better today Soberpotamus

Mesa was that your SUV in the pic?

Thanks for the holiday advice - I will definitely be posting regularly. It is only for 6 days and we pack a fair bit in. It is the two golfing days that the serious drinking is done - we have a "serious" morning round (no drink, conentrate on yardage etc) and an afternoon round which is basically drinking with golf. I'll miss those afternoon games because they are sort of booze orientated.

There are some other times when there is drink around but it is not the focus of activities.

I have (like Behan) said no to a stag weekend because that is 90% drinking. This break is doing stuff and sometimes there is drink available which gives it a different vibe

I am officially on hols in a few mins - having dinner with two work colleagues at a local institution - Ruby Cafe, Hoxton. Roll on 5pm
Old 06-05-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Oh, yeah... ArtFriend, I had a laugh at that pic too
Old 06-05-2015, 08:48 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Have fun, Saoutchik!