Notices

Stay Sober This Weekend June 4th Until.....

Old 06-06-2015, 12:47 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Hi to all the recent passengers overnight. Welcome to the weekender.

Thanks for sharing your positive story of recovery BigS and Mex. What inspirational reads as I sit in bed with my morning coffee.

Is it really late or very early where you are Ruby?

B
Old 06-06-2015, 01:17 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Just checking in this sunny Saturday morning. Tiling to be done this side. Time to get to work.
Old 06-06-2015, 01:23 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hows the packing going behan ?

Most of mine is ready to go but i'm sure it's going to be chaos .. still seem to have lots of "bits" I've hired one of those long mercedes/vw vans .
I might go down the supermarket today and buy some of those heavy duty shopping bags as i think they will be useful .

Don't PANIC errrrk !

m
Old 06-06-2015, 01:43 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Slowly but surely Mex. I borrowed some boxes from work and plan on using heavy duty sacks also. I have a nice man with a white van booked for next week. We don't have much stuff nor furniture. Best of luck with all your packing!

B
Old 06-06-2015, 01:45 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone,

A belated welcome to Chicknb & Girlie

Love that rooftop garden Ruby, there should be more of that.

Mex - all the best. You're not just moving on, your moving forwards which is great

Beautiful day here, it feels a bit strange not going for a run, like i've cheated or something (tweaked hamstring) so I went for a walk.

Plenty of evidence of how the drinking community spoils the local environment
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150606_093636.jpg (44.5 KB, 49 views)
Old 06-06-2015, 02:02 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Morning Team!!!

Beautiful day on tap. I am heading in for a sunrise water walk. I will catch up later!!
Old 06-06-2015, 02:06 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Up early again to train clients. Two straight days without drinking. Feels great to be back on the sober bus!

Have a great Saturday everyone!
Old 06-06-2015, 02:10 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Saying hello on a lovely sober Saturday morning!
Old 06-06-2015, 02:16 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Good morning sober bus riders. Going to be a beautiful day to go plummeting through the atmosphere. Need to eat. A bit nervous I have to admit.

Just want to add how much I love waking up not hung over. It is normal thing for most people but feels like such a gift to me.
Old 06-06-2015, 02:19 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Just caught up on the last 5 pages of this thread. Love the super-positivity!

I was fairly euphoric after learning I had passed that exam yesterday. I was ready to do cartwheels in the parking lot once I got outside. Wouldn't you know who showed up right at that moment? That's right - Mr. AV! We should celebrate. Grab some beers on the way home, Nons. Maybe stop off for a shot or two.

What a schmuck!

I could see my reflection in the window of my truck. I just pursed my lips and shook my head. It's not your time anymore, AV, this is MY time. Now stop crashing my party!

Is there karma in the universe? I don't know, but it's no coincidence that my life has improved dramatically since I started living it sober.

The next step for me is to start studying for a series of tax exams. There are numerous programs of study for these exams, running $500- $900. I participate in a forum for tax nerds, so I posted a question there asking which of these study programs the tax nerds thought was best. Got a PM from a guy who is the CEO for one of the study guide producing companies and he said he would send me their materials FREE if I would post a review on their website when I was done.

Is there karma in the universe? I don't know, but I like free stuff!

Live it sober, y'all!
Old 06-06-2015, 02:31 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Hi all, Saturday went very well this side of the planet. Bedtime in New Zealand now.

I had a good friend sit me down today for the second time in 2 weeks and try and convince me to go out drinking with him.
He said he would match me drink for drink and he was only going to have 3. I'd be fine.

I started to explain how I think about alcohol (intense craving, know exactly how much everyone else is drinking, I know exactly how much booze is behind any bar at a glance, etc etc etc and i drink not to get a buzz but to wipe out my existence) ... So how about you friend? How do you think about drink?

He's a good man, and really doesn't get it. That's a massive eye opener for me. Do what you need to do to stay sober.

Enjoy Saturday everyone.
Old 06-06-2015, 02:48 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Behan View Post
When I say 333 in my accent, everyone laughs, due to my inability in prouncing 'th'.
I have a voice in my head for each of you. You just crystallized your for me. Ha ha ha ! I love this!
Old 06-06-2015, 02:57 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Well, in my best southern gentleman drawl (the only way I know how to speak) I wish everyone a good morning from the sugar white sand of Miramar beach. I'm in the midst of my first sober vacation in many many years and embracing it wholeheartedly. May have a bump or two as the others arrive today and we gather this evening, but entirely manageable.

Wishing all the gang a nice weekend
Old 06-06-2015, 02:58 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Happy sobriety everyone, it's so nice to make it another day without a ball and chain (alcohol)
Old 06-06-2015, 03:00 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Hi Weasel, I am here too.:-)
Hi Deliliah!!! Good to have you with us! How are you doing?
Old 06-06-2015, 03:01 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fromadistance View Post
Well, in my best southern gentleman drawl (the only way I know how to speak) I wish everyone a good morning from the sugar white sand of Miramar beach. I'm in the midst of my first sober vacation in many many years and embracing it wholeheartedly. May have a bump or two as the others arrive today and we gather this evening, but entirely manageable.

Wishing all the gang a nice weekend
Awesome news sir! Enjoy! Pictures always help too!!!
Old 06-06-2015, 03:04 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Morning Dan!

Well I will be honest. I got to the gym instead of walking. Underestimated the temp and I was cold when I got in the car. Would have been much colder on the water. But I bailed on that too. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

I used to start my drinking about now. Yes... 6am. Glad to be out from that.

I will walk later when the sun heats things up.

K
Old 06-06-2015, 03:14 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Trees39 View Post
Hi all, Saturday went very well this side of the planet. Bedtime in New Zealand now.

I had a good friend sit me down today for the second time in 2 weeks and try and convince me to go out drinking with him.
He said he would match me drink for drink and he was only going to have 3. I'd be fine.

I started to explain how I think about alcohol (intense craving, know exactly how much everyone else is drinking, I know exactly how much booze is behind any bar at a glance, etc etc etc and i drink not to get a buzz but to wipe out my existence) ... So how about you friend? How do you think about drink?

He's a good man, and really doesn't get it. That's a massive eye opener for me. Do what you need to do to stay sober.

Enjoy Saturday everyone.
Excellent descriptions trees. I so connect with that.
Old 06-06-2015, 03:17 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Weasel1966;5409129]Morning Dan!

Well I will be honest. I got to the gym instead of walking. Underestimated the temp and I was cold when I got in the car. Would have been much colder on the water. But I bailed on that too. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

I used to start my drinking about now. Yes... 6am. Glad to be out from that.

I will walk later when the sun heats things up.

K[/QUOTE/]

Morning Weasel,
yes, I'm familiar too with drinking in the am on saturday and sunday, sometimes i had to chug down a scotch whiskey in the middle of the night to stop the heart from pounding and then get some sleep. I'm glad that's over, whew.. I barely made it to this place about a month ago, I'm starting to get the drinking thoughts and they're easy to ignore, but i never got any urges until now, i hope it doesn't get harder. I hope your day goes well, I want to get my boat out this weekend
Old 06-06-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

I want to be on a beach somewhere! But no I have to clean my house since I didn't do a damn thing last weekend when I took my spur of the moment trip to the shore.

The way this thread has headed has been very useful to me this weekend. I am struggling with moving forward and away from someone who is in my past. I guess there is a reason he is in my past, you know?

Ugh I too was an early morning drinker on the weekends....then every day became a weekend. Even on a quiet weekend I do so much more and accomplish so much more it's crazy!