Notices

Stay Sober This Weekend June 4th Until.....

Old 06-05-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Just woke up from a 2 hour nap. The weird thing is I almost never take naps and when i do it's because I barely slept the night before. But I slept 8 restful hours last night? Weird.

I guess if I look on the bright side...napping through Friday happy hour is never a bad thing while focusing on sobriety. lol
Old 06-05-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

I am still sore from earlier.

This could only happen to me. I am the least graceful person I know. I have started this whole positive thinking thing. And to be honest, it is suiting me to "live in hope" as it were...People have told me I've changed. I seem happier and more confident.
So today I was hurrying to work as usual. With my bag in one hand and a takeaway coffee in the other. I may have been muttering like a mad woman: "today will be a good day. Think positive thoughts". Of course I lost my footing and ended up on my ass with my beloved cup of java beside me.. Thanks to the nice woman who came and scraped me up off the ground, helped me sit on the wall and asked me if I needed another coffee or tea? I was more upset about watching my coffee go splat then about my bruised ankle! Not to mention my bruised ego.
My dad often says I'm a person of extremes. I'm an all or nothing kind of gal. Either I'm eating a whole cake by myself, or I'm on salads and vegetables and walking the prom every night. I guess I learned not to get so caught up in things that I don't look at what's in front of me!
Also I learned that there are some really kind people left in the world, and I am grateful for that
Old 06-05-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
Yes it is a wonderful place.
This does not bode well for my simplifying intentions.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:34 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

I still like the idea of an "under the sea" party as mentioned here yesterday. And now I can't get this song out of my head

Old 06-05-2015, 05:39 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

On the bus, 5 days strong...
Old 06-05-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

29 days

Just joined this site and this is awesome since weekends r my worst time!
I am in
Old 06-05-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by lunar View Post
Darn, I had shotgun, but let it go. LOL.
Have a great weekend, all!
one of the BEST. SONGS, EVAH.

Hey Ruby, think of it this way: you are now moving with forethought and patience where you used to leap from fear and desperation.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

ChickNB congrats on 5 days!

Tetra I'm am all or nothing kind of person too. It doesn't matter what it is.

Checking in late today. Now that I don't have to get home as soon as possible, for the bottle, I like just driving around and stopping places. Got some new Van's shoes and went to the store for some grub.

Skydiving is going to be great tomorrow. I will let ya'll know how the retraining is going during the day.

Much love for all of you.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Welcome Shoester
Old 06-05-2015, 06:10 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Shoester View Post
Just joined this site and this is awesome since weekends r my worst time!
I am in
....weekends can be hardest time for a lot of people Shoester. Friday and Sat nite being party time, time and space for hangovers, lots of triggers all around. Too much solitary time for many....

This is a good place to hang out.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

gettingsmarter, I had a whole post about my skydiving days written yesterday, but I lost it to the Ethernet.

I made hundreds of jumps in my twenties. I wish I could say it was my ode to sobriety, but unfortunately the lifestyle was drink, drug, skydive. My first jump was a solo freefall, and I had been drinking Heineken and doing other things all day. It was south Florida in the 70s, though. I think even accountants were looped out of their minds there in those days. Maybe? I know it was everywhere - and I'm a baby boomer, so there were lots of us.

Anyway, have fun with getting reacquainted with freefall. Knees in the breeze and all that.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

BB congrats on the 15 months!
Old 06-05-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
gettingsmarter, I had a whole post about my skydiving days written yesterday, but I lost it to the Ethernet.

I made hundreds of jumps in my twenties. I wish I could say it was my ode to sobriety, but unfortunately the lifestyle was drink, drug, skydive. My first jump was a solo freefall, and I had been drinking Heineken and doing other things all day. It was south Florida in the 70s, though. I think even accountants were looped out of their minds there in those days. Maybe? I know it was everywhere - and I'm a baby boomer, so there were lots of us.

Anyway, have fun with getting reacquainted with freefall. Knees in the breeze and all that.
Bimini that sounds pretty familiar. I will not be hanging out long after the sun set load takes off. If ya know what I mean. These days drinking while jumping is not tolerated.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Latecomer this weekend but I bet there's room. Finishing up day 29, hope everyone is having a happy and sober Friday evening. (Or Tuesday morning or whatever it is in Australia. )
Old 06-05-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Latecomer this weekend but I bet there's room. Finishing up day 29, hope everyone is having a happy and sober Friday evening. (Or Tuesday morning or whatever it is in Australia. )
...late Sat morning in Australia, Casey. We're first into the new day.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Two 29 days people, congrats shoester and Casey! Well done on day 5 chicknb. Hang in there.

I missed my 7 p.m. meeting but went to an 8 p.m. Behan, I may have unconsciously absorbed the lack of "th" while listening but you saying that made me focus. Two Irish guys spoke back to back and I kept hearing "tings" and Smitz-sonian. It was distracting and I blame you for that

Now I'm home and wondering when and if the kids will go to bed. Not likely any time soon.

Tetra, I hope your ankle is OK. Ouch!
Old 06-05-2015, 07:40 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

I'm in! Day 40 tomorrow! :-D Feel like crying happy tears about that because I didn't think I had it in me. To celebrate, I bought myself a t shirt that says "tougher than a 2 dollar steak!" I thought it was funny and fitting. I'm going to wear it tomorrow and to remember I'm tougher than my addiction to alcohol and the AV. It's very early in my sobriety but I'm proud of those 40 days. Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 06-05-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Nice job Angie
Well just getting back from dinner. I had a really fun time. I'm pretty reserved and mild mannered (when sober). The friend I went out to dinner with is kinda on the loud side. She 's the friend that whispers about the person in front of you but loud enough for the entire restaurant to hear. It's more funny than anything. I love her. I had a lot of good laughs.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:56 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Sounds like a nice evening Lily! It's great to have friends who make us laugh. Laughter is awesome!

Angie, well done on 40 days. Yes, that was an intentional pun for the tougher than a two dollar steak. We have more power contained within us than we at first realize. We beat ourselves up too much.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:56 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Had a random scary thought....in the last 19 days I've avoided putting 114 beers and and 1.5 gallons of 90 proof bourbon in my body. To say my body thanks me right now is a big understatement. Quantifying is scary. And scary is good for me at this early stage in my journey