Notices

A new journey...June 2, 2015

Old 06-03-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Day 2. Anxiety and depression are terrible. My son is being bullied at school and I'm finally gonna report it. I fear that the bullying will get worse. Please pray for my son. I pray that it stops.

I need want to stay sober more than anything in my life. This has truly been the most miserable 18 months of my life since my relapse. I have felt like I am in quicksand of darkness. This disease will swallow me whole if I let it. God help me get out of this hell. I will not drink today. My emotions will not kill me but alcohol will.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Same day sober and I thought your post was very helpfull to me..Thanks
Old 06-03-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome back Serenidad! I hope it calms down for you very soon. I'm glad you are reporting the bully to your son's school. If it does get worse, report it to the police. The kid's parents should be held responsible as well. That's terrible Best of luck to you. Hugs and prayers for you and your family.
Old 06-03-2015, 02:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Serenidad View Post
Yes that would help. Thanks Scott! What tools do you use to help you stay sober?
I use SR daily. I also have recently started seeing a therapist for my anxiety and that helps tremendously, I wish I had done it sooner. I am also trying out meditation and some mindfulness techniques which show promise.

In my earlier sobriety I did meetings ( AA and Life Ring ) and and also read the big book a lot, still do.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:40 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey Serenidad

Sorry to hear that about your Sponsor. To be honest, I wouldnt throw out the baby with the bathwater. Obviously she wasn't a good Sponsor but that is her and not AA. A Sponsor would be someone who is supportive. They may administer 'tough love' but its still love all the same. But if there are other aspects of AA that doesnt work for you, then so be it.

Anyway, glad that you still have the resolve to stay sober ! I would still suggest that you have some form of f2f support such as counselling, etc. Stay strong and stay close, Serenidad !
Old 06-03-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're reporting the abuse serenidad.

I know that must be upsetting for you, but it must be even more upsetting for your son. It's great he has his mom sober, fully there in body and spirit

D
Old 06-03-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hang in there serenidad...you know that the beginning is the pitts. But you can make it through. Stay close to SR, read, post, and keep busy. And have some ice cream! SR got me through and it's the only thing I use to keep going.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:20 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Serenidad View Post
Thanks Jeni. Congrats on 74 days! That's great. As far as AA....it's seriously time for me to move on. Without going into details, it's just not for me anymore. It actually hurts more than helps. I'm really glad it's helping you though. Just like different diets work for different people...so do recovery methods. ;-) I'd love to stay in touch do PM me any time. Where are you? The US?
Hi my love. Sorry, I wasn't suggesting any particular path for you...just explaining what had worked for me. I just started mixing it up and stepping outside the familiar and comfortable. Whatever works for you...go for it. You have our total support.

I'm in England which explains why I'm always out of sync when corresponding with everyone.

As regards the bullying. My daughter was bullied at age 12. I was totally beside myself with stress and anxiety on her behalf. I was also drinking then which didn't help. We made an appointment with the head of her year at school and talked through her concerns. They did speak to those concerned but the bullying became far more subtle..a look or a gesture rather than words. We eventually pulled her out of school and put her in a different setting which sorted the problem. My daughter is sensitive and kind and totally unable to deal with that sort of thing. It has had a long term effect on her, and looking back, I wished we'd moved her sooner. Bullying should never be tolerated. She is now ultra-sensitive about it, even at 19, but it has made her a very empathetic and caring young lady and I'm very proud of her. She's decided to go into teaching now...and I pity any bullies who try to operate in her classes!

I totally get how this is stressing you out, but it can never be an excuse to drink. I wish I'd been sober through the whole experience.