Notices

Beginning day 2

Old 06-02-2015, 08:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Beginning day 2

I am tired from a restless sleep but am very happy to have made it through the hardest part. Which is the first night with no alcohol. Tonight I go to the gym to meet with a trainer to get an exercise program started.

I'm also going to dust off my AA book and start reading through it again. Depending on the weather, I also plan to take the pups on a long walk.

All I have to do is make it one more day. I do have the weekend to look forward to. Saturday evening I'm going to hang out with the bf until Monday morning. (The entire Sunday is tentative.) He has quit drinking and I will have someone to help me be accountable for my first sober weekend.

I am feeling positive and looking forward to continuing on alcohol free.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Sinderos; congratulations on your decision to recommit to sobriety.

Rooting for you.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you Sinderos. Sound like positive things. There is the weekend support thread that goes up Thursday. Why not join up when it starts? Keep going.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Good for you Sinderos. Sound like positive things. There is the weekend support thread that goes up Thursday. Why not join up when it starts? Keep going.
Thanks Ruby. I will be on the lookout for it Thursday. It's amazing at how the emotions are so up and down in the first days. Just since posting this I've been sad and now feeling better. Thankfully I'm at work and can't even consider a drink. I'm also glad I have an actual appointment at the gym so I feel obligated to go. I can do this.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, you definitely can.... go you!! x
Old 06-02-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on making it through the night and a new Day 2 sinderos. Dusting off the AA book sounds like a great idea, maybe you could even locate a meeting sometime this week? Walking worked very well for me to deal with the anxiety during the early days too.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Congrats on making it through the night and a new Day 2 sinderos. Dusting off the AA book sounds like a great idea, maybe you could even locate a meeting sometime this week? Walking worked very well for me to deal with the anxiety during the early days too.
Scott, I really don't feel comfortable going to AA meetings in this town. It is a decent size place, but had a very small town mentality. They're is a lot of people who like to talk. I've heard people in my office talking about "so and so" who is an alcoholic, etc. I've pretty much stayed in my apartment the last year (only lived here a year) drinking alone so no one knows the extent of my issue. I want to keep it that way. I can't afford to have the management here thinking anything negative about me. I may join an online AA, but in person I just can't. I did go to one meeting here and it was a room full of men and only 3 women counting me. Not comfortable.
Old 06-02-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Parts of this, I could have written myself. Day 2 here as well. Been to the gym...!
It was positive reading your post. Helpful.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

(((((Sinderos))))) keep on keeping on my friend
Old 06-02-2015, 03:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

do you have a recovery plan at all Sinderos?

D
Old 06-02-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
do you have a recovery plan at all Sinderos?

D
I'm considering counseling. To be honest not really. Seems like I always have a recovery plan and fail. I'm sure part of it is my will. Feeling lonely and not trusting anyone. I feel lost. Out of sorts so to say.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sinderos View Post
I am tired from a restless sleep but am very happy to have made it through the hardest part. Which is the first night with no alcohol. Tonight I go to the gym to meet with a trainer to get an exercise program started.

I'm also going to dust off my AA book and start reading through it again. Depending on the weather, I also plan to take the pups on a long walk.

All I have to do is make it one more day. I do have the weekend to look forward to. Saturday evening I'm going to hang out with the bf until Monday morning. (The entire Sunday is tentative.) He has quit drinking and I will have someone to help me be accountable for my first sober weekend.

I am feeling positive and looking forward to continuing on alcohol free.
It's great that you have a sober bf, that is something very much in your favor (assuming he stays sober)..
Old 06-02-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is a great start Sinderos

https://store.samhsa.gov/shin/conten...0/SMA-3720.pdf