SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Did I beat the addiction? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/368670-did-i-beat-addiction.html)

OCDDan 06-02-2015 04:02 AM

Did I beat the addiction?

Probably not, but I have no desire to drink or use, so I'm thinking the devil is cooking up a special concoction formulated for me. I've been seeing this girl who is into witchcraft, the devil rides in with her every time she shows up. gotta watch it..

mecanix 06-02-2015 04:32 AM

I had to change people and places i hung out with for my sobriety .
It was worth it .

When i did the same old things i got the same old results .

I refuse to be a victim of other people and their crazy making .

I'm level headed and sober, i keep it that way. I don't put up with nonsense , i'm a survivor who fought hard and won and now i'm free, theres no turning back .

m

anattaboy 06-02-2015 04:37 AM

Dan, I have my doubts as to whether Beelzebub would ride shotgun with a witch. Word is he's stuck on being "all that". If you are getting a vibe that she might not have your best interest in her heart then dump her--unless of course you love the drama. Best wishes on another 24 Dan!

OCDDan 06-02-2015 04:41 AM

Thanks guys, I do love the drama, i think it's my new addiction (ok, i've had it a while), I'm not sure what i was expecting for replies tho, my therapist say's everything is just the way it's suppose to be. got go to work, thanks again

Dee74 06-02-2015 04:46 AM

Sounds like trouble to me Dan.

D

Yankee73 06-02-2015 07:12 AM

Witches do not believe in "the devil". They do not follow the christian belief system. If she is not a good influence on you, then you need to make choices. Practicing Witchcraft has nothing to do with being tempted by alcohol.

Ruby2 06-02-2015 07:23 AM

I too was baffled by what type of responses you were seeking. I was addicted to drama too. That kept me drinking. I'm still semi addicted to drama. That's keeping me from being happier. I had to make choices. Drama and drink or drama free and relatively happy. Truthfully, it was and remains a tough choice sometimes but I know which is healthier.

OCDDan 06-02-2015 07:51 PM

It's too late, I'm smitten now after today's visit, I can handle it.

Thanks for the advice.

Chrissy2014 06-02-2015 08:01 PM

Huh? Are you seeking support?

Dee74 06-02-2015 08:01 PM

'It's too late' sounds like addictive talk to me Dan.

Look.go out with this girl if you want to - I hope we're all wrong...

but at least have a plan for what to do if it goes bad.

You've come a long way man
Make sure drinking is not an option.

Noone is worth relapsing over - noone.

D

OCDDan 06-02-2015 08:17 PM

I don't understand why I don't have any urge to drink other than being scared straight and convinced I can't handle alcohol or any substance, There's no way for me to consume anything without becoming obsessed. I've never been so happy and successful (even with all my problems.) my plan: stay sober or someone will die.

Berrybean 06-02-2015 09:54 PM

Sounds like you're smitten (obsessed?) with the drama and witchiness of her, rather than her herself, as the general person she is underneath it all.

Drama and objectification sound pretty much like AV driving you to me.

Maybe stop looking for the devil, and start listening out for your own AV.

Hope it all works out well, one way or another. But as Dee said - maybe get a plan together in case it all goes pear-shaped.

Joe Nerv 06-02-2015 09:58 PM

18 years ago I met a girl who was into witchcraft. Today I'm married to her. Be careful :).