Notices

Support needed badly

Old 06-01-2015, 03:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Support needed badly

Hi,

I wrote it in another section of the forum, but could anyone please read through it and offer some advice?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5401056

I have to be at the meet in less than 8 hours and I'm dreading it.
Old 06-01-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Kkik, I read what you wrote on the May thread and I feel for you. As an attorney myself I know that any legal research and drafting can be done remotely. I actually worked as a contract attorney for a bit after my kids were born. I was easily able to communicate via telephone and email.

I would have a plan prepared to approach your employer with tomorrow. Perhaps you can layout how it would benefit the office? For one, your productivity would be up because you would be healthier and less exhausted. You might also suggest that you try it on a trial basis to see how it goes.

Go in with confidence and a plan and things will go well. Your health, both mental and physical, come first. Good luck!
Old 06-01-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Again, I hope it works out for you kkik

D
Old 06-01-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree with Duffster about having a plan. Productivity is huge, perhaps you can share how much more productive you can be without the commute, plus they will be saving in reimbursing for that. You may also want to share how you would structure your day to ensure all work is completed.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Old 06-01-2015, 09:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Researching can be done remotely unless you're doing it from physical books. Most stuff is online. I'd say draft a plan. Maybe offer to put in an extra hour or two? You're spending a bunch of time commuting.

It is about productivity. If you know your job and do it well, unless there is some "face time" requirement, I think just lay out your proposal. I'm an attorney and I have a face time requirement but that is just my particular, peculiar, employer. Not everyone is like that. What would you have to lose? At worst, they say no. At best, they say ok.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi kkik,

It sounds like you are wearing yourself to a frazzle and need to make a change. I agree with the others, formulate a proposal to your employer that explains why working from home will be more efficient and beneficial for you both. From what you have said of your job requirements I don't see why you couldn't work from home.. Your health and sanity should always be top priority Let us know how it goes.