SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Just a quick update (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/368620-just-quick-update.html)

Soberwolf 06-01-2015 01:14 PM

Just a quick update

Hello friends my presence on SR has reduced recently as i have loads going on which is good but a lil bit stressful im ok im spending more time with mrs sw & getting ready for decorating & the arrival of our new king size bed

Im sorting out some counselling & possibly some psycotherapy for extra help in my sobriety im ok but i have known for a few months this is the next step in my recovery

I suffer with depression i dont often tell many ppl that and only a few know, im a lil embarrassed about it but ive accepted il need a lil help to overcome it

Im telling you guys primarily so you dont think im off drinking somewhere and to keep my friends in the loop as only a couple mods & friends know at the moment

I am a lot busier and even now at 9pm im playing catch up

I just wanted you guys to know im ok & sober

I am waiting on a few apts & i have to make more apts and im making more time for mrs sw and we have been watching Lost from season 1 recently and im lost in it lol

Im hoping to be a lot less busy by friday btw my hair has really grown back and im praying my ear is better as i have finished the course of medication, i need a gp to check the infection has cleared, its been over or around 7 months since ive had my head underwater or had a hot bath i have had to have lukewarm baths as steam can mess my ear up or any moisture for that fact

This was meant to be a quick update lol

I think thats everything so if im not around much just know im super busy getting a LOT sorted out

I will be back posting loads hopefully by the end of the week

Spk soon guys

ZaBoozer 06-01-2015 01:17 PM

Take it easy SW, good to spend time with the missus.

Fluffer 06-01-2015 01:17 PM

Glad to hear you're alright, Wolfie. Good luck with your projects.

Surrender2win 06-01-2015 01:20 PM

I'm fairly new to this site, but did notice your absence. Glad to hear that you are ok. Take care of yourself :)

SoberLeigh 06-01-2015 01:20 PM

Sending love, soberwolf, my friend.

Glad you are addressing the depression - a wise move from a wise man.

ccam1973 06-01-2015 01:21 PM

Good to hear from you SW and thanks for giving us an update. I was going to PM you if you didn't post soon!

Glad you are well and spending some time with Mrs SW and furthering your recovery.

Be well!

PurpleKnight 06-01-2015 01:25 PM

Keep truckin' my friend!! . . . as always you are an inspiration!! :You_Rock_

SDH73 06-01-2015 01:25 PM

Thanks for the update, Wolf. I had wondered where you'd got off to. Be well!

Findingtheway 06-01-2015 01:34 PM

Taking care of Business. :)

Well done SoberWolf. I'll want to hear the update(s) when you get back!

Thanks for being part of the SR experience.

Fly N Buy 06-01-2015 01:36 PM

No shame or embarrassment in talking about our mental health! You help many others by being open about depression and the willingness to seek professional assistance.

Good for you my friend!

mecanix 06-01-2015 01:40 PM

Always a space on the roof for ya SW ,
keep on doing the next right thing :You_Rock_

m

ScottFromWI 06-01-2015 01:40 PM

Glad to hear things are OK and that you are seeking help for your depression/mental health issues....i just did the same not too long ago and i'm very happy that I did.

Soberwolf 06-01-2015 01:47 PM

Thanks guys i will keep you updated i promise

Im off to watch some lost and il pop back in before i go bed

mrs sw has a pillow on my behind & is very cosy lol

Spk soon friends

Wastinglife 06-01-2015 02:20 PM

No shame being depressed. I suffer depression too. Actually, I assumed the majority of alcoholics have dealt with depression at one point.

Della1968 06-01-2015 02:42 PM

Glad you are ok. Never be embarrassed about getting depressed. I too struggle with it. I think you are wise to get some extra counseling it has helped me a great deal. Enjoy the bed!

Dee74 06-01-2015 02:49 PM

Thanks for letting us know you're ok Wolfie :)
Enjoy that time with Mrs SW and the pooch :)

D

Copper442 06-01-2015 02:53 PM

(((Wolf)))

I love posts where husbands speak of spending good quality time with their wives. Good stuff, bud!

Thanks for keeping us all updated.

Foolsgold186 06-01-2015 03:01 PM

Glad your doing okay soberwolf.

Enjoy time with the Mrs!

airwick 06-01-2015 03:01 PM

Will be waiting to hear from you soon!!! :)

Soberwolf 06-01-2015 03:02 PM

Thanks you guys so much im off to bed now and wish you all a good night or a good morning or afternoon depending where you are

Spk soon friends