SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Thank You Thank You Thank You (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/36847-thank-you-thank-you-thank-you.html)

sickk&tired 08-25-2004 09:27 PM

Thank You Thank You Thank You

The title says it all. I'm almost at the end of day 3, and i have you all to thank for it. I'm currently on an upswing of emotions, and enjoying the ride until I inevitably start cursing at the wall or some other inanimate object in a few minutes. I'm now giong to curl up in bed with a book, some more chocolate :elephant , and my remote control to turn on Forensic Files soon. I (heart) that show.

And by a few minutes, I apparently mean now. Stupid wall.....

best 08-25-2004 09:33 PM

Congratulations on collecting the days.

Am at work so I miss seeing that show.
Don't be to hard on the walls ok? *LOL*

Have a wonderful night.

boop64132 08-25-2004 09:37 PM

Congrats on day 3.......... :angel2:

Wonderful!!

Don S 08-25-2004 10:33 PM

Congratulations and good job, s&t!
Talk to you tomorrow...
Don S

Sandy Marie 08-25-2004 10:48 PM

Hey S & T,
I'm right behind you.

kckman 08-26-2004 05:47 AM

S&T, great effort your doing it.The people at SR can be so helpfull. A bunch of wiseguys and smartallects too. Dont forget to thankyour self. The work to get sober and stay sober comes from with in you. Acknowladge that strength. Day 4 bring it on.
goo goo ga ga

Sandy Marie 08-26-2004 05:56 AM

:haha:

:stooges: Why you wise!#* I oughta @#*

Chy 08-26-2004 05:57 AM

Keep up the good work!

In memory of miracle 08-26-2004 06:26 AM

Congrads on your 3 days !! That is great !!

Dan 08-26-2004 06:29 AM

Well done!
Stay away from staplers and baby talk:wink3:

squirrelly77 08-26-2004 06:36 AM

Way to go S & K!!! :arms:

Keep up the good work and let the miracle happen! You can do it, and we're all behind you!!!

Danielle

Anna 08-26-2004 07:04 AM

Hi S & T,

You're doing great and things will settle down very soon.

Love, Anna

sickk&tired 08-26-2004 08:22 AM

Day 4 begins......

and what a treat it is to start it off with all of your encouraging words :dance: !

It makes up for the fact that I am currently explaining to a client that the "return" key and the "enter" key are the SAME THINGS. Sigh.

Anyway, today is looking brighter; I think the major withdrawals symptoms are gone and now i'm just focusing on not drinking today. This whole one-day-at a time thing is much more manageable than thinking of not drinking FOREVER. Ugh, the thought of that makes me cringe. Does that thought ever go away? "I will never enjoy an apple martini again.......". I'm stopping myself right now.

I got really upset last night after my b/f changed the plans we had tonight. I don't know why it affected me so much, I just so want to be in control tonight that the thought of an extra free 2 hours scares me. I think I'm going to go shopping. Being in debt is better than being drunk, right?

Thanks again!

Dan 08-26-2004 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by sickk&tired
This whole one-day-at a time thing is much more manageable than thinking of not drinking FOREVER. Ugh, the thought of that makes me cringe. Does that thought ever go away? "I will never enjoy an apple martini again.......".

What happened for me, after some time, is that I replaced the source of the good feelings I had when drinking. I was able, pretty much, to experience the same sense of relaxation and mild euphoria obtained from the first drink or two. It's all a mindset. I got to believe that I could achieve the results without the substance.
That forever thought soon gets replaced by other things.
But you have to put some effort and work into yourself.

Paulie 08-26-2004 08:32 AM

You are doing great.

Sandy Marie 08-26-2004 08:33 AM

Hi S & T,
Congratulations on making it to Day 4. That is a MAJOR accomplishment...don't underestimate it. I'm glad things are getting easier for you...but don't underestimate that either. Addiction's a real booger and lurks around every corner. Again, congratulations, and I hope you hit every red tag sale today {LOL}
Sandy

Dan 08-26-2004 08:37 AM

Oh, one more thing...
I could use a new pair of running shoes if there's a good sale:biglaugh:

KelKel 08-26-2004 09:06 AM

((((S&T))))
Right On!
Day 4...
So glad for you and your attitude is great.
When you start think about apple martini's quickly shift your thinking to some other thing in your life that brings you pleasure besides alcohol.
One of my triggers was Moet Champagne...just could not imagine not ever having it again. Now I am happy to imagine lovely stemware with sparkling Perrier with a wedge of lemon or lime...and it is sooo much better for my temple (body). Just a thought...
Not letting go of my attachment was definately responsible for my first relaps after 6-months...I thought ahead and told myself if I stayed sober when i was in my 80's I would have some...all that means to me now is that in my 80's I would be dying of my disease...no thank you.
Have a great day...have you thought about getting a punching bag?
I used my son's and loved it, next on my wish list.
:hug:

lulu70 08-26-2004 11:41 AM

Congratulations on day 4, S&T!!! That is so very cool. Keep hanging in there. My day is not going so well. Long story, and I don't have time to post about it now, but I know it will not get better if I take a drink.

We're all rooting for you!!!

kckman 08-26-2004 06:49 PM

lulu70, how are you doing this evening? you said it all drinking will not make it better. I sure hope your day is getting better.