Notices

my biggest trigger

Old 05-30-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my biggest trigger

Has turned out to be the hardest to tackle. Change !!! Change has always made me wanna have "a few" just to "deal" better. As we all know that isn't how it works out.

Right now there is so much change going on in my life; that I would be more than comfortable sitting here w\ a half gallon of whiskey & case of Samuel Smith's oatmeal stout back !!!! I'm not a big hard alcohol person; but right now it just seems the way to go.

No I'm not going to; but I have been thinking it. I'm very very petrified at this point. So much so that I for the 1st time ever in my life, don't know who to turn to for direction & or help. I got my anxiety in check enough that I can do the store & such for mom. But the fact she's been released after 2 emergency stints put in & left under my care has honestly put a huge weight on me.

Then the sorrow I feel for my father is just more pressure. Finally to realize my doctor is a tool & it's the weekend makes things seem never ending for me right now.

Dennis

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Sober Recovery
Old 05-30-2015, 11:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I'm sure you will do a great job in caring for your mom AugustWest. You obviously care about her and the medical authorities would have made sure you were able to cope before discharging your mom from hospital
Old 05-30-2015, 11:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
I'm sure you will do a great job in caring for your mom AugustWest. You obviously care about her and the medical authorities would have made sure you were able to cope before discharging your mom from hospital
Actually they didn't; if they did they would have realized I was in another hospital do to my seizure !!! So not sure these dudes know what they were doing lol

Old 05-30-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there Dennis!!

I think for most of us, change is never an easy thing, it takes time to adjust, but even now I still have to work on change, it doesn't come naturally!!
Old 05-30-2015, 01:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
Hang in there Dennis!!

I think for most of us, change is never an easy thing, it takes time to adjust, but even now I still have to work on change, it doesn't come naturally!!
Yea; I realize it's a fact of life & all. But the last year an a half; not to mention the last 2 weeks have just slammed me !!!!! But proudly have yet run to booze ....

Dennis

Old 05-30-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

August, wow, I can imagine how stressful that is! I would be wanting to stuff my face with something fattening, as I don't drink. its hard to replace our coping mechanisms, but you are doing it! hang in there and keep posting. I hope your mom does well and hope too that you might enlist someone to help, if only bits here and there.

take care.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chicory View Post
I hope your mom does well and hope too that you might enlist someone to help, if only bits here and there.

take care.
Mom is, well Mom lol she is acting as if nothing happened to her & more concerned about my anxiety levels & how my head feels ..... My brothers help allot more than I seem to post about. I think that's b\c they go see dad at the stroke rehab & I'm here we mom. I just want to make it through this weekend sane lol

Dennis
Old 05-30-2015, 02:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That's a mom for you!

You sure have a full plate-take time to do something good for yourself too. I hope your dad is recovering well.

You can do this
Old 05-30-2015, 03:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chicory View Post
That's a mom for you!

You sure have a full plate-take time to do something good for yourself too. I hope your dad is recovering well.

You can do this
Yepp that's a mom. Denied she had any heart problems even though she was in the cardiac care unit haha

Well right now I'm working on staying sane lol I felt good until I went & saw that loser doctor. Figure I make it to Monday I can call the hospital for referrals. They treated mom, dad, & I great so far.

Dennis