Notices

Not to be a bummer but...

Old 05-31-2015, 05:28 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hey Art,

Sorry to hear you're down. Have you ever read the Power of Now by Eckert Tolle? It really helped me deal with situations like you describe. I will have to admit some of it was way over my head but there is some really good stuff in it. There is a free PDF online.

Best wishes!
Old 05-31-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

For what it's worth, Michigan is a beautiful place to be.... I'll bet your mom is happy.

Family can really be a painful thing.

Hang in there, stay sober, stick with us
Old 05-31-2015, 07:18 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Sometimes we are so caught up in receiving something from a person or people, that we don't see what we are receiving from everyone else. I was in that place for years. It's when you finally stop seeking out what others cannot or won't give that you can receive what is being offered to you freely.

It hurts to want something from people and to not receive it. It hurts more when it's family. But I think you are right, it's time to let go of those expectations. It's time to free yourself to receive what others are willingly giving out.

It's not easy. It's a process. For me, it was a process of slowly walking away. They were not contacting me anyway, so it just meant I followed suit. You slowly realize that as you grieve what you lose, as you let go, you do find some peace.

You are cared for here by many. Be free to accept that.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

(((ArtFriend)))! It's painful to be treated that way by birth family though it's oh so common. I had similar issues. The way I like to think of it now is that the people I feel close to are my family, whether or not they are my birth family. It works for me though it took me a long time to accept that.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:04 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Popping in here late,AF, but wanted you to know I'm sending you and all of you down there support and prayers. Xo