Notices

Not yet day 1

Old 05-31-2015, 09:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Glad you decided to stop!
Old 05-31-2015, 10:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome DLS, congrats on day two. Hang in there, it will get better. Baby steps and one day at a time.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

So now is the beginning of day 3. My plane does not actually leave until tomorrow but today I'm finishing up some editing of some curriculum to prepare for the conference. Also packing, Laundry, that sort of thing.

Yesterday was challenging here and there. For the most part I continued with what I guess are DTs (not bad ones). Chills, sweats, some nausea. I had this day one but yesterday seemed worse. I was also very lethargic and felt afraid and fragile. I stayed in my pajamas all day and cooked and played with the kids some. Watched a lot of movies and read an entire book. I did finally get out of the house because I had promised my older son (which I don't remember doing) that I would take him to get a frappacino on Sunday. We went about 4pm. Avoided my normal route and favorite convenience stores. I had no problem falling asleep at 11:00 but I woke up frequently to go to the bathroom and also sweats and chills. I had fairly noticeable hand tremors yesterday but none this morning.

I had some cravings (and after reading alot on the AVRT forums) will call that my AV as well. I kept putting her back in her place and when she got really loud, my husband rubbed my feet. This morning my head is clouding and I have a slight headache (almost feel hungover but I have not had a drink since Friday night). I'm excited about the trip and scared because there is a cocktail reception Thursday and Friday of the conference. I am taking my sister with me. It may not be socially ok, but right now, it's about me and she will keep water with lemon in my hand and not wine.

Thanks again for everyone's support.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Well done DLS, looking good. DT's? I sincerely hope not - that is hallucinations, seizures etc.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

ZAB,

Then no, no DTs, just chills, sweats, tremors...Anxious, nervous, frightened... but no hallucinations or convulsions.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Daylightsavings View Post
ZAB, Then no, no DTs, just chills, sweats, tremors...Anxious, nervous, frightened... but no hallucinations or convulsions.
DLS, you have withdrawal symptoms. Yes the smiley is because it is not DT's. You will have people having heart attacks writing things like that.

The WS will pass quicker than you think. Hang in there. Looking good.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:09 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Keep it going!! You can do this!!
Old 06-01-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hey DLS! You've got your plate full with kids, job and all. I'm SUPER proud of you. Keep up the good work.

Keep on keepin on!

Big Love!

Olivia
Old 06-02-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

On the way to the airport. Quick update.

Starting day 4 and I feel fantastic this morning. I wonder how long this euphoria will last.

Sweat and moderate chills yesterday and STARVING. I keep eating but don't feel satisfied. This reminds me of pre-bypass surgery. I need to keep being aware of that AV voice. I'm not starving, the lizard brain is just trying to flex her muscles...that's it right?

I feel very confident. My sister is with me and will go to every event with me so if there is even a bit of temptation, she will be there to steer me in another direction. I'll be in Miami for 6 entire days! I've never seen the Atlantic coast so I am super excited. Plan on doing some sight seeing and play in the surf and try some Cuban food.

Ta Ta for now. Hopefully will be able to hop on and if not post, at least read the next couple of days.

Oh, in case I forgot to mention, I found a SMART group 45 miles away. I'll try it and see. I think it might be beneficial to have one friend in recovery at least... I hope
Old 06-02-2015, 05:45 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Good on you. Well done. Your post has helped me with some concerns about withdraw. All the best and enjoy your trip
Old 06-02-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Congratulations on quitting. Well done! Being sober is so much better than drinking! Try to get to some AA meetings while you are in Miami. AA can be a tremendous help to you as you begin this journey.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:08 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

StraightAhead... thanks for the advice but I tried 12 step programs for years with my weight issue and they did not do much for me other than make me glad I was not the fattest person in the room (I know that is shameful but when you usually are the biggest girl in the room, then it is awesome not to be. I loved the friends I made but did not ever get a handle on my food addiction. (in between flights by the way, so I can post). The AVRT approach so far has been appealing and working and I just joined a different sort of support group. On top of that, I'll be in MIAMI and when not in a conference, I assure you I will be on the BEACH
Old 06-02-2015, 12:38 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I grew up a little north of Miami.

You will love it.

I'm very happy for you that you are now past the first few days and will be able to fully enjoy this trip.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:35 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Sounds like you have a good plan. I hope you have a great, sober week in Miami.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Made it through day 4! Having too much fun with sis to read tonight. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:48 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Congrats on day four - looking good there.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:56 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Made it through day 5. Having a great time in Miami. Walked by a line of bars and a girl tried to give me 2 drink tickets and I said "thanks but I don't drink". I was grinning from ear to ear.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

Excellent
D
Old 06-03-2015, 07:11 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Daylightsavings View Post
Made it through day 5. Having a great time in Miami. Walked by a line of bars and a girl tried to give me 2 drink tickets and I said "thanks but I don't drink". I was grinning from ear to ear.
That put a smile on my face.

Glad to hear you're enjoying Miami!
Old 06-04-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Start of day 6! Sis and I are going out for breakfast then hitting the beach! Withdraw spts gone except for fuzzy brain.