SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I need help...again (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/368375-i-need-help-again.html)

worried6666 05-29-2015 07:31 AM

I need help...again

Last year at this time I was four months sober and loving every minute of it. I lasted 9 months and then had that first drink.....that was October and now it's May and I'm totally back to my alcoholic ways again.

Right now I'm hungover and sad.

Coldfusion 05-29-2015 07:34 AM

Welcome back, 6666!

That four months sober is not lost--it is a valuable experience from which you can draw strength now. Make a plan to change things and move forward!

Foolsgold186 05-29-2015 07:38 AM

Welcome back! You can get back to feeling great.

You can do it!!

Thirdwave 05-29-2015 07:49 AM

My own personal experience has been that any success i've had has come through the greater resolve i've developed through repeated failures. I wish that i could approach a sober life in a linear fashion that would have begun years ago and would have to this day been 100% successful. Instead i've gotten to know myself and my weaknesses and have brought people into my situation who support and encourage me.

Will pray for you that this time its for real. Stay in there and hang tough. White knuckling doesn't work replace the old lifestyle with something new.

Blessings

Girlie928 05-29-2015 07:50 AM

Welcome back, Worried. I just returned after a 6 week relapse after 5 months sober. Today will be very difficult, on many levels. Just hang on, minute by minute. Reach out to people in recovery. This is pretty much what I am doing today. My goal is to place a sober head on my pillow tonight.

IOAA2 05-29-2015 10:26 AM

Hi.
I also had relapses and it seemed each one got worse and more difficult to regain sobriety.

I finally got honest with myself about my drinking and ACCEPTED the fact I can no longer drink alcohol in safety one day at a time in a row like it or not.

Fortunately I hooked up with some good sober folks in AA who showed me the way into recovery and stay stopped.

It was difficult in the beginning but was and is quite doable with help and directions.
Hang in there it’s more than worthwhile.

BE WELL

Anna 05-29-2015 11:02 AM

Welcome back and good for you for getting back to your recovery.

You can do this!

PurpleKnight 05-29-2015 12:29 PM

Welcome back!! :)

ElleDee 05-29-2015 12:32 PM

You know how good it can be. Get back on that horse!

CaseyW 05-29-2015 01:38 PM

Welcome back, worried6666. Glad you found us again! I hope you'll join us in the Class of May 2015 thread. It's a great way to learn from and help others who are also in early recovery. It's made all the difference in my sobriety this time.

Copper442 05-29-2015 01:59 PM

Welcome back! Try not to beat yourself up. You had 9 months so you know how to get the job done! Tweak your plan a bit and warrior on. You can definitely do this! Be kind to yourself the next few weeks.

juliemacw 05-29-2015 02:11 PM

Hey all that matters is you didn't drink today. On day 3 and it's Friday so I'm fighting the same devil. I went a year twice and while pregnant also but always end up in same place. It seems like it's really only "fun" the first hour off letting myself drink and then all downhill, especially the next day. I hate hangovers ugh

worried6666 05-29-2015 02:12 PM

Thanks everyone. Being sober nearly all of last year was so awesome. I can't wait to be there again :)

Dee74 05-29-2015 04:30 PM

Welcome back worried :)
what's your plan this time?

D

Delilah1 05-31-2015 10:48 PM

Hi Worried,

Hope the weekend went well. I am off to bed, two weeks for me tomorrow, I too went back to drinking after stopping for a few months. Glad we can do this together.